[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: hilka  XML
Profile for hilka -> Messages posted by hilka [191] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  ...  11, 12, 13
We had the problem that we got a OutOfMemoryException (PermGenSpace) after two refreshs (the right refresh button in the jsp view) from Captain casa's development workspace.

I found a solution for this problem: just increase the size of the MaxPermGenSpace (default 64M) to some higher amount. Afterwards, this Exception will occur later, but sometimes it is good to restart the tomcat anyways ;-)...

The problem is that Tomcat holds all class information in this area and does not clean this properly upon a reload.

To increase the amount of memory just add -XX:MaxPermSize=256m to your Tomcat vm.

More information can be found in Tomcat wiki. Search for OutOfMemory.

Tobias
Thanks for your quick reply. But I thought about the prefix, not the ending of the url.
But here is the way I figured out how it works:

String prefix =
StringUtils.substringBefore(request.getRequestURL().toString(), request.getRequestURI()) + request.getContextPath();

Thanks,

Tobias
How can I get the base url of a request?
With casabac/cis I could get it by calling findPageURL() and removing the current pages html page name.

Are there any alternatives in Captain Casa?
Hello everyone,

with Captain Casa the GUI framework can not be blamed any more for the weak performance of an application. This was a good excuse with Casabac/CIS.
So we need to take a look at our business code to make it perform better. In order to do this we need some profiling tool.

Do you have any experience with profiling/performance tools?

Thanks,
Tobias
Hello,

can you add the functionality to scroll with the mouse wheel in development environment?

Thanks.
Tobias
Hello,

I have a problem concerning the managed server beans grid:
There is a central dispatcher managing my beans on server side. With normal beans, there is no problem. But I have a special bean with does some layout construction on server side (using the BaseComponentTag classes). When I try to open the node I get the following error message in Captain Casa's server log:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/Tag

I think I have all classes delivered by Captain Casa in the editor tomcat and in my own tomcat.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Tobias
In CIS/Casabac it was possible to define a field as password field (only dots are shown when typing).
Is there anything similar in Captain Casa?
It would be nice to see the name of the layout you are currently editting in the layout editor.
Great!
Hi everybody,

I have a combobox field and I fill it on demand, just the way it works in the demo workplace with the Departments combobox.

On first selection, everything works fine. But when I now want to change my selection, the drop down list has size 1 and a very small scrollbar. After clicking on the combobox again, everything works fine and the drop down list has normal size.

Any ideas?
Hello community.

Thank you for the great event yesterday. I think it helped all of us to get a better understanding of our future developments.

It was very interesting to see the different approaches of the different companies concerning UI design of their software. But basically we all share the same problem (casabac is no more...) and the same vision (CaptainCasa in our new products...).

Thank you for the interesting community meeting. I am looking forward to the next community meeting.

Tobias Hilka

Profile for hilka -> Messages posted by hilka [191] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  ...  11, 12, 13
Go to: