[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Combobox shows only one entry after selection of an entry  XML
Forum Index -> Development
hilka

Power User

Hi everybody,

I have a combobox field and I fill it on demand, just the way it works in the demo workplace with the Departments combobox.

On first selection, everything works fine. But when I now want to change my selection, the drop down list has size 1 and a very small scrollbar. After clicking on the combobox again, everything works fine and the drop down list has normal size.

Any ideas?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

believe or not: the problem just was solved "30 minutes ago". Background: it's a bit difficult to size the combobox window that pops up when the user opens the combobox: because the box is loaded on demand, we only fille the combobox with one item (the one displayed) at the beginning. Then when the user clicks we artificially increase the item size to 10 (dummy items) so that the combobox knows "I have a certain size, not only one item". This mechanism was working with some errors...

Please pay attention: the "componentbinding" setting is done in the rerlease you have only one time, right at the first appearance of the page. The behaviour was changed, so that it is called with every roundtrip. Maybe you need to take care of this within your code.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
hilka

Power User

Great!
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...and: there is currently a problem with COMBOBOX, dynamically loaded, in FIXGRID as well; repaired with next beta...

Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Problems are solved with 20071130 version.
Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: