[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: hilka  XML
Profile for hilka -> Messages posted by hilka [191] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 , 11, 12, 13 Next 
Hello,

I tried to select the first entry in my grid with selectItem. There was a problem with displaying the items (the rows were there, but no content was visible), so I tried to call ensureItemToBeDisplayed afterwards. Now the content is visible, but now the scrollbar behaves strangely:

As I said, I wanted to select (and display) the first item, but now, the scrollbar moves to value 1, even though the index of the item to select is 0. I think the computation of the index in ensureItemToBeDisplayed is somehow buggy.

Tobias
Hello,

since changing the component tree on server side is error-prone and sometimes really tricky, I tried to write some unit tests for this purpose (and to speed up development...).

But there is a problem: Inside the method createBaseComponent the FacesContext is needed, otherwise there is a nullpointer exception.

Do you have any ideas on making these things (more) testable? Can we use some dummy context for testing purpose?

Tobias
The version again (smilies):

Hello,

I tried to display a tree with each of the treenodes having a checkbox. I looked at the demo workplace, but it seems your code is the same for "simple tree" and "tree with checkbox". But I figured out that I have to add the checkbox inside the treenode.

Works fine when entering a screen with this tree. But when leaving this screen, an exception on client side occurrs. The same happens in your demo workspace when clicking on "tree with checkbox" and the then leaving the screen again (click on some other element).

I am using version 1.1 (2008012

Tobias
Hello,

I just tried your new setup (20080122).

And if I add the value binding to some property on server side, without doing anything with this property besides providing getter and setter, it works perfectly fine. Thank you for this.

But if I remove the getter and setter on server side, the oulookbar always displays its content after the first bar. You should at least add this behaviour to your documentation.

Tobias
Hello,

I want to implement the following feature:

The user can select roles from a tree. The roles are the top-level nodes of the tree. As subnodes of every role, there is a sub-tree representing the possible permissions for this role. The permissions for this role are selected by checkbox.

Now there is my problem: The treenode item does only provide functionality for adding a label to the tree. But in my case, a checkbox (with additional text) would be needed. The other possibility to add a column with checkboxes in the grid is not very nice regarding usability (the distance from label to checkbox is too big).

Any plans to add this functionality?

Tobias
Hello,

I discovered the ValidValuesBinding attribute and class just yesterday and I must say: great feature. It is not that programming comboboxes the "old" way was terribly complicated. But now we have a clear structure and it is much easier to understand.

I wrote some util class converting a map of keys and values into a ValidValuesBinding, optionally with an empty line. I think some functionality like this can be of general interest and could be added to the Enterprise client code. Maybe provide a method taking a map as argument... I can pass you the code if you want.

Tobias

Hi,

we tried to run Enterprise Client under Mac.

And it works. Ok, you have to install a trial version of Java 6 because Mac (Leopard) only supports Java5 and we need Java 6 on Client side.

But in general, it works. We will do a little more testing on this platform.

Tobias
Hello Björn,

thanks for your help. I will wait for the next update before I go on working on this.

Tobias
Hello,

I try to add a column to a grid depending on a boolean value of the grid item. In some cases I want to show a pure textfield, in other cases, if there is some valuehelper for this column, I want to show a combofield.

I tried to put these two controls within one gridcol, setting the rendered flag depending on the supportsValidValues flag in my grid item. This did not work. So I put two gridcols in the grid, one with the field, the other one with the combofield, and set the rendered flag of the gridcol depending on the item's flag value. This did not work either.

Is the rendered functionality missing for gridcols or is there any other way to implement this?

Tobias
Hello,

we have the following problem: We want to include a popup into our dynamic application. But there is no way to tell the popup do a content replace.
Do you plan to add this feature or is there any other way to dynamically include a popup and to change the expression with which the jsp in the popup looks for the bean?

Tobias
Hello,

we built our own session management for managing the users logged in to our application. There is a timeout for inactive sessions after wich the session is invalid.

The idea was to return to login screen when session is inactive/invalid. The problem is that when the session timed out and the user clicks somewhere in the GUI, the framework tries to resolve the properties associated with the action triggered. But since the session is invalid, the beans are in some unexpected state (we re-instantiate the workplace bean).
And therefore the framework produces different kinds of exception.

Does anyone have some good ideas to this problem? Or is it easier to just display some kind of timeout message and force the user to reload the application?

Tobias
Hello Björn,

thanks for your help. Will try this tomorrow.

Tobias
Hello Björn,

I still have some problems using the content replace feature. But this time it is not about replacing the strings. This works fine.

But there is another problem:
I have a List of buttons. Each of the buttons trigger a new content page. To fill the content page with data, I have to use the rowinclude feature (dynamic pages). The content replace works perfectly fine for the first button I select (not the first in the list but the first I select). Selecting a second button does work (the content is switched to the other page) but I think the content replace is not executed any more. The framework tries to find the beans with the unreplaced expressions.
If I select the first button again, everything works fine for this button, but not for any other button.
Restarting the application and selecting another button first works fine for the first button, but not for any other button (so the pages are ok).

You told me that sometimes you send a command only ones. Is this the problem? Do you have any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks for your help.

Tobias
Hello Björn,

not really because I have to know the content replace string in order to build the rowinclude. But the beanproperty is not set until the rowinclude is done.
By the way I have the beanprocessing tag on top of my page.

Tobias

Profile for hilka -> Messages posted by hilka [191] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 , 11, 12, 13 Next 
Go to: