[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: CaptainCasa  XML
Profile for CaptainCasa -> Messages posted by CaptainCasa [5519] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  ...  366, 367, 368
FIXGRID sounds "fix" but indeed is not. The "fix" in the name refers to the fix column sizing of the content that is managed in a grid.

As with other components the server side JSF component tree is either built hardcoded via JSP or is completely or in parts dynamically created. Enterprise Client components have a so called "componentbinding" attribute, which passes the component to a property of a managed bean.

Example: this is the layout definition
Code:
 <f:view>
 <h:form>
 <f:subview id="workplace_demoflextableg_2">
 <t:rowtitlebar id="g_2" text="Flexible table" />
 <t:rowheader id="g_3" />
 <t:rowbodypane id="g_4" >
   <t:row id="g_5" componentbinding="#{wp.demoFlexTable.rowComponent}" />
 </t:rowbodypane>
 <t:rowstatusbar id="g_6" />
 <t:modalpopup id="g_7" opened="false" >
   <t:rowinclude id="g_8" page="please specify" />
 </t:modalpopup>
 </f:subview>
 </h:form>
 </f:view>

The critical part is the row definition, which defines the componentbinding. This means somthing like: "Bean, you get the instance of the component, d o with it, what you like to do..."

The bean now arranges controls into the row, the control this time being a grid:

Code:
     public void setRowComponent(ROWComponent rowComponent)
     {
         if (m_rowComponent == rowComponent) return;
         m_rowComponent = rowComponent;
         // create fix grid
         FIXGRIDComponentTag fgTag = new FIXGRIDComponentTag();
         fgTag.setId("FG");
         fgTag.setObjectbinding("#{wp.demoFlexTable.rows}");
         fgTag.setSbvisibleamount("25");
         fgTag.setHeight("100%");
         fgTag.setWidth("100%");
         BaseComponent fg = fgTag.createBaseComponent();
         m_rowComponent.getChildren().add(fg);
         // create columns
         for (int j=0; j<50; j++)
         {
             GRIDCOLComponentTag gcTag = new GRIDCOLComponentTag();
             gcTag.setId("FGC"+j);
             gcTag.setText("COL"+j);
             gcTag.setWidth("100");
             BaseComponent gc = gcTag.createBaseComponent();
             fg.getChildren().add(gc);
             // create field below column
             FIELDComponentTag fiTag = new FIELDComponentTag();
             fiTag.setId("FIE"+j);
             fiTag.setText(".{values.COL"+j+"}");
             BaseComponent fi = fiTag.createBaseComponent();
             gc.getChildren().add(fi);
         }
     } 

In this case a grid is created, holding 50 columns and having FIELD components as tags.

...hope this helps!

Björn
...problem is solved now, solution will be available with next beta download. In case you require an update more urgent pls. contact me.

Björn
...sorry, just got told + can reproduce that current beta has problems with ASCII > 127 characters. We are just fixing - there is no principal problem, but a (stupid) bug...

I really am shocked, my name is "Björn Müller", there are two of them...

Björn
...find details in the DevZone of www.CaptainCasa.com !

Björn
The online demo was updated. New controls that are contained in the demo workplace:

(.) TABBEDLINE control
(.) OUTLOOKBAR control
(.) graphics / charts created on server side
(.) GRIDs with drag & drop of column sequence /column widths

Have a look!

Björn
Please read detail about changes in the DevZone of www.CaptainCasa.com.

Björn
Hi,

first the response with looking on the status quo of CaptainCasa Enterprise Client: Windows CE is currently not supported as client. Enteprise Client bases on the Java Swing library, which is not really supported for Java ME based devices (i.e. Java environment running on Windows CE etc.).

Now the strategic answer: I like the idea of thinking about extending the framework for Java ME based devices. Enterprise Client is a framework for operational users and power users - and these are using Windows CE based devices (and others supporting Java ME) in "heavy logistics areas".

Would be great if someone of the community already had some experience with Java ME. Is there anyone???

Björn
The bridge for embedding ActiveX controls showed some errors with specific controls. The errors were caused by a missing disposing of elements and showed up when re-invoking an ActiveX control. A new beta will be published begin of next week - please tell in case you require an immediate update.

Björn
Yesterday's build contains an ugly bug: when opening the layout painter within the tools, then the screen will be blocked. The same error will occur with all your screens that internally use the SUBPAGE control.

An updated build 20071122 is available within the DevZone.

Björn
Hi everybody,

this is the first topic, that is added to this forum. ...hope some more will follow.

Björn
Please find an updated beta version at http://www.CaptainCasa.com ==> DevZone. The page includes a list of significant changes.

Björn
Hi everybody,

this is the first topic, that is added to this forum. ...hope some more will follow.

Björn
Hi everybody,

Björn
Hi everybody,

Björn

Profile for CaptainCasa -> Messages posted by CaptainCasa [5519] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  ...  366, 367, 368
Go to: