[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: krinninger  XML
Profile for krinninger -> Messages posted by krinninger [567] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35 , 36, 37, 38 Next 
we have another issue with not enabled fields.

it seems our users like to copy&paste. but in not enabled entryfields, copy is not possible, because they cant mark the text to paste it somewhere later.

i think this is the same issue like the coloring i reported before. any news on that one?
we made it! a jsf path which is longer than the MAXIMUM of 15 (which is defined captaincasa) tokens.

the problem is, if this limit is reached, just an IndexOutOfBoundException is thrown. A log message, saying, "you're tag has to many tokens (max.15)" may help others who are facing the same problem.

We merged our pathes so our longest one is now up to 14 tokens (near to the limit). Perhaps captain casa can offer an property which lets the developer decide the maximum of allowed tokens.
i added a tooltip to an scheduleitem, but mouseOver to this item doesn't show any tooltip.
i tried this in the within the captain tools.
okay i understand, i just thought the feature would eventually be cheaper in eclnt instead of our presentation layer, but thats okay, we then have to find a way around.

thanks anyway.
that means a coloring of the whole column from gridheader throughout all the fields in the same column is not easy to realize?
well the point is, that inital sorting already works very well but the most users claim that the "down button" uppon the gridcol is not enough. They want the whole column painted in an other color. Its like the selector for rows which paints the row into another color.

I think we can do it internally in our presentation layer with backgroundcolor of the entryfields within the grid, but perhaps there is an easier and cheaper way when captain client does this in some way?
Would it be possible to set an bgpaint for selected column in fixgri? so every client user recognizes at the first blush which sort is the one which is sorted
the "updateoninnereventonly" attribute in rowinclude component is a real performance booster, so its a good thing and we want to use it.

in our case we use it in the left pane of our workplace to split it of from rowworkpagecontainer in order to keep roundtrips happening in rowworkpagecontainer away from the left pane and this is a good thing.
But sometimes in some very special cases we need a roundtrip over the whole workplace. is it possible to overcome this "internal wall" and process an overall roundtrip?

if not, it would be great to have such an feature in the near future.
we also use our own controls and have to unsign the captain jars first before we can assign our own certificate.

because new captain casa versions are populated very frequently we decided to write an ant task for jaring and resigning to keep the effort for updating as low as possible.
ant itself doesn't support unsigning of jars, but an ant task from
http://code.google.com/p/existdb-contrib/wiki/ASOCAT does this job very well.
great this works!

but another point is, that the attribute focusable=false in gridcols seems not to work.
Focus travels through headerline of the fixgrid before it comes into the first entryfield.
we have another phenomenon in some fixgrids which have the focus, if you press tab again focus seems to disapear somewhere to space. Hitting tab long enough leads to the desired result.

i looked into the demo application and found an list which shows the described behaviour.
Its the "Tree with Checkbox" fixgrid. You can set the focus on the grid and hit tab. i think after round about twelve times the focus control is on the first control of list.

i thought it would be a workaround to set the fixgrid attribute focusable to false, but focus ends up in list again.

this is an urgent problem, because the application should mainly be operated by keyboard.
if a not enabled field has the focus, pressing tab doesn't make the focus to switch to next component.

in our case, a button which has the focus gets not enabled and afterwards hitting tab won't leave the field.
i recognized that also in combofields font attribute does not work properly.
in tabbedline i can set a font attribute which is valid for the whole tabbedline.

so if i want the selected label to look different from the unselected i only can chose another color. it would be a much better effect if i could play with smaller or bold fonts. would this be a great thing?
in gridcol with treenode i can set an image which is shown behind the endnode. What i want to do is, set the image instead of the image.
Well i think i can overwrite the image you deliver with captain casa but it would be much more easier to through an attribute, so in can be set dynamically.

Profile for krinninger -> Messages posted by krinninger [567] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35 , 36, 37, 38 Next 
Go to: