[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
not enabled entryfield  XML
Forum Index -> Development Go to Page: 1, 2 Next 
krinninger

Power User

in fields which are not enabled i always get an darkgray color when i click into this field. i haven't found any attribute to deactivate this behavior. I tried bgpaint=disabled() already but with no luck. How can i achieve that nothing happens when clicking into not enabled fields?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...the coloring is set by us (whom else...)...

Well, the story behind is: if the user has disabled fields within a grid then you want to see where the grid focus just is - if a field is enabled then no problem, there's the cursor; if the field is disabled then there is no default reaction...

We need to think about this a bit more...

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
krinninger

Power User

we have another issue with not enabled fields.

it seems our users like to copy&paste. but in not enabled entryfields, copy is not possible, because they cant mark the text to paste it somewhere later.

i think this is the same issue like the coloring i reported before. any news on that one?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...not yet in, but still on our list.
Yes, disabled fields cannot be used for copy&paste...

Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,
finally we now updated the coloring, so that disabled fields (and other components as well) do not have the shading.

With the selection of text: this is something different. It's just not suported by the corresponding Swing components... There is no "interim status": enabled for selection, disabled for editing. At least we do not know about such status...

Björn

krinninger

Power User

as far as i remember ..

* in an disabled texfield the text can not selected.
* in an enabled but not editable the text is selectable but so its also included in the tab order

perhaps there are a lot more causes using disabled textfields which prevent
enabled/but not editable textfields beeing apropriate for captain casa use?

in conclusion we have to say our users, not enabled fields are not selectable in captain casa and will (perhaps) never be?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...yes editable/enabled - we so far did not have a look onto editable with JTextField, so this could be the hint into the right direction. We'll check.

"...have to tell our users"... - not yet. Editbale/enabled gives me a bit of hope. And: we still can check for other solutions (e.g. provide a right mouse button menu to copy the text or something like this). "Fighting phase" has not ended yet...

Björn

krinninger

Power User

hello,

now we have the same issue with TEXTAREA Control.

i'm not quite sure if it is it possible to have an editable/not enabled textare field?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...we will check - but not short term (pls tell us if this is OK for you...)... The mxing of enabled/editable caused a bit confusion on FIELD when we introduced it, which we want to avoid at this point of time...

...OK...?

Björn

krinninger

Power User

an solution for this problem would very desirable, because copy&paste is often used. its possible in entryfields but not textarea, thats quite not comprehensible for users.

i agree that's not a short term objective, but at least an mid-term within one month?

perhaps you can provide a second textarea control, if you dont want to change the behaviour of the other?

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

I somehow expected a response like yours ;-) - but this is no problem!
Yes, we plan to do this in the mid-term time range that you specify.

Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...and, yes, we ourselves bypass the problem e.g in the demo workplace the code and xml textareas are explicilty enabled so that people can copy/paste from... - Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

...OK, we did it (and it was a bit easier than with FIELD etc.). The next update will contain the editable-control as you request.

Björn

thommes

Active

Hi,
we have got the Version 20091116 and the problem with textarea still exists. We need a selectable but not editable textarea (for a log file view). In the development tools there is no 'editable' attribute. Do we have to enter this attribute in the JSP directly?

Regards,
Daniel & Karsten
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

TEXTAREAs with enabled=false are selectable without any further settings. You can select + copy/past text with the mouse.

E.g. they are used in the demo wokplace "on the right side"...

Björn

Forum Index -> Development Go to Page: 1, 2 Next 
Go to: