[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: cfuchs  XML
Profile for cfuchs -> Messages posted by cfuchs [16] Go to Page: 1, 2 Next 
Hallo everyone,

last week, our project did a CC-Update from Februar release. Upon starting our web application, we had some unfamiliar style issues as the font wasn't the same color as before the update.

Analysing the issue, there is following behavior:
Some labels refer to a particular style which modifies the attribute foreground (foreground = Y) . Additionally, those labels have a variable linked to the foreground attribute.

Code:

public String getForeground() {
   return hasRight ? X : null;
 }

Before the CC-Update, the foreground were either X if hasRight had been equal to true or Y when the method had returned null. After the update, the foreground seems to be as if no style was applied.

In other words, when null is returned, the style is reset completely (new behavior) and no longer refers to the style definition (old). Is this intended behavior?

Regards,
Christian
Hallo Björn,

thanks for the hint with using html-code directly.

<html><span style="white-space:nowrap"> text </span></html>

solve my issue. It is not as nice as the non-content truncation (with ...), but should be enough for my case.

Thanks for the fast reply!
I am picking up this topic as I have an issue regarding linebreaks with html content.

I am using a label containing HTML content (<html> ...text... </html>) as text (not as tooltip) because I want to have part of the (dynamic generated) text bold. When the text becomes to large, I want to cut the content similar to non-html content.

Is there an option I can use (label.addAttribute) to forbid the linebreak and to just cut the text, thus the label treats the html-content like non-html content?

Thanks in advance!
*push*

Björn, is there any intent to raise the embedded Tomcat version to v7 in near future?

Thanks!
Solved

There was some more temporary stuff around. When both old and new server libs are on the project, there is not any conflict, however it seems like the old ones are prefered.

After removing all old libs and building from scratch, feature works as intended.
Code:
2014:02:17 16:22:24:923 | 44     | INFO     | Version information:

<version name="5_0_20140217"/> 

Seems fine to me. I have also flushed the Java temporary files in order to really install a new version.
Hallo Björn,

thanks for the quick response and update. After updating, the editor shows the new attribute correctly and I have set it to false as described. Nevertheless, there is no difference - i.e. scrolling is still possible.

Can you check the current version?

Thanks,
Christian
Hey,

in our project, we are using a simple paging mechanism showing page numbers above a grid. Now, we want to disable the vertical scrolling.

Using the verticalscrollmode "hidden", it is only possible to hide the scrollbar, nevertheless the user is able to use the mouse wheel to scroll down the grid rows. So, I thought of using the "noscrollmode" attribute, however this attribute deactivates both horizontal and vertical scroll actions.

Is it possible to extend the noscrollmode attribute such that one is able to choose to disable either horizontal or vertical or all scrolling within a grid?

Thanks in advance,

Christian
Okay, I have found a solution for the problem.

Actually, it is quite simple - I have only moved the page changing functionality into the callback method. Only at that point, it is clear that the client component has been fully executed and that the page can be changed.

Only thing one has to pay attention to is that in case of an error within the client component, the server must be still called in order to execute the callback method. Otherwise, the page won't changed.
After debugging the Java Log, I have found out that my components are destroyed because I changed the pages (or rather beans associated with another jsp).

Thus, my question reduces to "Is it possible to have an client interaction which is executed before the server calls the client to tell him that the current bean has been changed?

Hi,

internally I am using the internal class FileUploader with the method startUploadFiles in order to upload multiple files.

By defining a parameter the component knows which files to upload without user interaction.

What I mean with "it does not work" - when I press the button for onUebernehmen, I get the upload dialog telling me the amount of files and the number of kilobytes which have been transfered until it is finished. Afterwards the upload finish method is called.
When I use the button for onOK event, it changes the page and I don't receive any upload dialog. The upload finish method is not called either.

I assume that the client loses the client component context as the page (jsp site) is changed and thus the invoke later event to start the upload fails.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Christian
Hey,

I have developed my own client components which extend the regulary asynchronious upload and download functionality.

While there is not any problem when I remain on the same page (using onUebernehmen Event), the upload does not work when I change the Page (onOK Event).

Is there a way to solve this matter?

Pseudocode
Code:
 public void onOK (ActionEvent event) {
   startUpload();
   goToLastSite();
 }

public void onUebernehmen (ActionEvent event) {
   startUpload();
 }

private void startUpload() {
    // Application processing
    uploadTrigger.trigger();
 }

My upload component looks like the FILEUPLOADASYNCHRONOUSElement with a few extensions.

Thanks in advance.
Hey,

did u implement ur "client"-Component AUTOCOMPLETEFIELDElement? If u don't the client won't know how to process the XML structure containing the new component.

Check the documentation for client component development page 6 ff.

Regards!
Good evening,

is it possible with CC to realize a grid which has a folderable details section within the grid (see attachment).

Using a toogle icon (similar to a tree), I want to open a detailed section (instead of the next hierarchy of the tree) within the grid. After looking through the demo workplace, the flexile Tree (Grids & Trees -> Grid in Grid -> Flexible Tree) might somehow fit, but I am not sure. I wanted to take a deeper look in the example, however the Layout XML and the server side java code for the example are missing.

Any ideas - thanks in advance?

Best,

Christian

EDIT: Only one details section needs to be displayed at a time.
Thanks for the reply!

My situation is a little more complex than this. I thought I could leave it simple but then a simple datatransformation would be a solution.

For my entities, I use hybernate, thus whenever I define a getter, this getter represents a field in the database. I know that it is possible to annotate in such a way that no field is generate, Nevertheless, as I am going to use quite a lot of enumerations, I was searching for an elegant solution.

Is there a way to define the getter / setter such that (refering to ur example)

Code:
 public CarProducer getCarProducer () {
   return m_producer;
 }

public void setCarProducer(CarProducer producer) {
   m_producer = producer;
 }

If it is possible, how do I have to specify the refvalue in the JSP?

Thanks for ur help,

Christian

Profile for cfuchs -> Messages posted by cfuchs [16] Go to Page: 1, 2 Next 
Go to: