[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ManagedBeans  XML
Forum Index -> Development
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hello,

I've problems within the Enterprise Editor, when creating a managed bean, this bean doesn't show up on the right side under Managed Server Beans as descripted in the documentation?
Eclipse Tool is running and reloading the server doesn't change anything?

regards
Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

please check...:

(1) is the compilation working? Classes need to be stored in WEB-INF/classes folder of the project. Maybe ...your compilation directory is different? or maybe you Eclispe setup does not compile automatically? (Menu: Project > Build automatically should be switched on, which is default...)

(2) ...have you refreshed the managed bean view (I am sure you have, sorry if I double check)

(3) ...is your class extended from other classes which are not located in WEB-INF/lib/*.jar or WEB-INF/classes. Our project class loader only looks into WEB-INF/lib and classes...

(4) ...is the project setup ok? Check in CaptainCasa toolset project configuration. The source directory should point into the right directory.

Hope, one of the 4 issues will match...

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

the problem was that Eclipse created its own WEB-INF folder as I added the web capability to the project, so this folder was the default output directory too!
After correcting the output path for compilation, everything works fine,

thanx again for your quick response

regards
Markus
[WWW]
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

it's me again, again with problems with managed beans in the dev. tool.
All your mentioned points are checked, I now use hot deployment, because i use spring and hibernate. May thats the problem I think I'm a bit in jar hell.
Could there be problems with asm.jar or cglib.jar? Hibernate and Spring seem to use different versions?
I've taken the PIM project as template, so my projects structure looks like the PIMs, so the jar files are my only suggestion?

regards
Markus
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: