[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Bug with own components  XML
Forum Index -> Development
bollinger

Active

Hi,

I found a Bug in the Editor.

Firstly you need at least to Projects: One with own components (let´s call it "democontrols") and a second without ("standardcontrols"), both already containing at least one page.

Scenario 1:
Start the Editor and open the "democontrols" Project, open a page and make a rightclick (as if you wanted to add new components). All fine, you see your own components in the menu.
Change to the "standardcontrols" Project, open up a page and try to add a compüonent. Your own components are still visible! If you add one of them, the editor crashes with a serverside error.

Scenario 2:
The other way round: First open "standardcomponents", open a page and make rightclick. Your own components aren´t visible, all good.
Now open "democontrols", a page, rightclick: Your own components aren´t visible, not so good. You must first restart the Editor before your own components are shown again.

Perhaps you could actualize the rightclick menue everytime you open it, or at least everytime you change Project?

Another proposal: Perhaps you could add a note in the Developer´s Guide, that the component order is defined in the "encodeChildren" Methode. Took me quite a while to puzzle that out . Always wondered why the colDistance Components didn´t seem to work in my own components

Greetings,
Thomas
[Email]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...yes, you are right! Thanks. We will correct.
Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: