[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
tab in textarea  XML
Forum Index -> Development
roesch

Active

First: The meeting yesterday was great. I work with cc not so long, but i learned something about it.

My problem: Can the tab function in a textarea disabled? So when i press the tab key, the cursor goes to the next textarea beside the first?

I tried it with textfield with height und width, but the cursor is vertical in the middle, not on top.
roesch

Active

that's what i mean:
http://www.java-forum.org/de/viewtopic.php?t=16010&highlight=jtextarea+tab
roesch

Active

Is there no chance to change this?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

we updated the TEXTAREA component by having added a new attribute TABTONEXTCOMPONENT (tab-to-next-component). If false (or left to default) then ctrl-tab is used for tab-ing, if true then tab is used.

Thanks for your input. The attribute is available with next update, which is published somewhere today...

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
levy

Power User

Hi Björn,

The attribute TABTONEXTCOMPONENT for t:textarea is missing in RISC. Is this intentional? Behaviour is always like TABTONEXTCOMPONENT=true.

We have a use case where TABTONEXTCOMPONENT=false was desired. May be it is easy for you to provide the attribute for RISC? Otherwise, we should reconsider the use case or look for some workaround.

Regards, Daniel
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: