[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Focusing an input field in "overwrite mode"  XML
Forum Index -> Development
gbaumgartner

Active

Hi,

I would like to focus an input field in "overwrite mode". I am able to focus the input field using the RequestFocusManager after e.g. a hotkey event or a button click.

The problem is, that the content of the input field is sometimes selected (so pressing a button deletes/overwrites the current content - which is my desire behavior), and sometimes it is not (just the cursor standing in the input field - pressing a button adds the character without deleting the "old" content).

I already tried setting "selectallwhenfocussed" to true, but it did not show any effect so I guess that this is not the correct option.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Gernot
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

the default is "true" for SELECTALLWHENFOCUSSED, so explicitly setting "true" does not bring any further effect.

We currently cannot reproduce. Is there something special that you are doing? - Even better: could you produce a client log (client parameters: loglevel=ALL clientlogfile=c:/temp/log.log) to help us with sorting out this problem?

THANKS...!
Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...we checked the focus management and found one (not severe) problem that was "added" in an update 2 weeks ago. Maybe this is the same problem causing the behaviour that you describe...

We are just about to find out...

Regards, Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...but would be great to send us the log anyway. If you have not recorded a client log so far + have questions on this: please directly contact us.

Thanks + regards!
Björn

gbaumgartner

Active

Ok, I will try to get a log.

Best regards,
Gernot
gbaumgartner

Active

Hi,

I still don't have a log, but now I changed the sequence of the instructions and I was able to reproduce the problem.

I have an input field an a button with a hotkey (return) defined. If I press the button with the mouse, the request is processed and afterwards the focus is set correctly back to the input field (in overwrite mode).

But if I change the value in the input field and press "return", then the focus is set back to the input field, but not in overwrite mode.

Best regards,
Gernot

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: