[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Embedded mode application logs  XML
Forum Index -> Development
cvieira

Power User

Hi, i've noticed that on embedded mode application logs are not being written.

Anything different from the normal version? All the logging conf files are configured.

Thanks!

--
Carlos Vieira
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

they are/should be written just as normal...
For example: the layout editor writes its log files to "<install>\tools\embeddedserver\work\embedded\embedded\editor" (there should be some in your installation...)

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
cvieira

Power User

Hi Bjorn, i did not express clearly. Logs are in fact being written (inside work dir like you said), but what's not being written are my application logs... those log files have only entries from CC.

I'm starting application with loglevel=INFO, and i have some on the application code, but those are not being written.

Any missing configuration from my side?

Thanks!

--
Carlos Vieira
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...sorry, can't help you there. Seems that you use log4j (?) which we do not use, so we cannot share any experience...

Regards, Björn

cvieira

Power User

Hmm, only CLog writes to those files right (it's not to late to change code to use it ? I'm using Logger so i might expect to have it only on server side catalina.out.

Thanks!

--
Carlos Vieira
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

..yes. Only CLog writes to those files...

I am not sure if it is a "perfect idea" to embed your logs into CaptainCasa's because then you may be bound to CaptainCasa too much. Esp. parts of your application, which have nothing to do with CaptainCasa, should not be forced to include eclntjsfserver.jar just because of the logging. - Or: imagine you want to define a different log layout for your application. Then you always have to synch with CaptanCasa...

But you added some smileys anyhow, so I expect I am reacting too serious! ;-)

Regards + good luck finding your log output,
Björn

cvieira

Power User

Hmmm, i understand your point of view here and i think you're right. I should move then in other direction like log4j, which i use on other projects already.

Thanks your your time!

Regards,

--
Carlos Vieira

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: