[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
File upload with big files  XML
Forum Index -> Development
heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

file upload does not work with big files (greater than 1 MB) and just fails without any exceptions neither in server nor client log. The action listener is not called so I don't have any chance to get hold on the error.

Is there anything you can do so that I can handle the error?
I do not expect to be able to upload file that have huge sizes, but 1MB does not seem to be that large (in times as these).

Please think about it...
Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...there should be ERROR message in the client log at the moment indicating the problem. (yes, should be improved!)

I think the problem has to do with Tomcat's configuration: please check http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html, maxpostsize.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

we have set maxPostSize="0" in our server.xml. So I don't think thats the problem. And I can't find any error messages in the logs.

Frauke

levy

Power User

Hi,

I am most interested in what happened finally. I have experimented with the tree option "Upload single/multiple files" in Demo Workplace:

1. upload single file at most 1024 KB
--> success
2. upload single file at least 1025 KB but smaller that 300000 Byte (maxfilesize)
--> failure without any message
3. upload single file bigger than maxfilesize
--> error message indicating maxfilesize exceeded

Can you reproduce this? Do you see any message in case 2?

Regards, Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

(1) ...could you check your web.xml - a couple of servlets were added in the recent time for upload/download. Please compare with web.xml_template (in the same direcgtory as web.xml)
(2) ...could you check your settings for maxPostSize in Tomcat (please "google" for "tomcat maxPostSize"...
(3) ...in case (1) and (2) are OK. ave you checked the server log?

Björn

levy

Power User

Hi,

I am testing with the original demo workplace coming with the last CC version, including tomcat. So web.xml and web.xml_template are identical, and in server.xml there is no maxPostSize attribute set. In the server log, there is nothing suspect.

Is it right that in your demo workplace you can upload a file of size 1025 KB succesfully?

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...yes..!
Björn

levy

Power User

Hi,

I have set maxPostSize=0 and now it works for files a bit bigger than 1024KB. My biggest success was 2.42 MB, but 6 MB failed.

However, I intend to upload much larger files and I have now noticed the feature "asynchronous upload" recently published!

So I change to the subject "async upload".

Daniel
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: