[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
File download with servlet url  XML
Forum Index -> Development
heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

the file download component does not work with a servlet url.
The file is not saved in the selected client directory, no error message is displayed or logged.

By the way: The file selection dialog is quite unexpected there (and it seems to be a file open dialog, which also is confusing). I would prefer the familiar windows download dialog.

Ciao
Frauke
 Filename Download.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  513 time(s)

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

what is the reaction of the system...?
Does the "File selection dialog" pop up? Does afterwards the download status diaog pop up? Is there a message contained in the second dialog?
Is it possible that the file name that is proposed is not a valid file name?

Could you have a look into the client log? (The server log is not relevant here.)

Pls give us some more details... THANKS! Björn

PS: the naming of the buttons in the file selection dialog is not too nice, you are right. Unfortunately the corresponding Java standard dialog does not allow to change the naming of buttons. Well, I think you could somehow access the texts through L&F manipulation, but this is not a very nice way... - we'll continue to look for a nice solution here.

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

ok, got it working, you where right about the path.

But there where no error messages anywhere, in none of the logs, the file selection popup came up and the message box just said "downloading....".
I detected the error only when I copied the URL into the browser address field.

Now something else:
would it be possible to add a new attribute to the download component for the destination file name?
At the moment it looks like you extract it from the end of the given URL, and that is not appropriate for our servlet URL. There I get some strange string.... what ever there is behind the last '/'.

Have a nice skiing and easter vacation....
Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Frauke,

yes, we currently propose what is left behind the last slash "/" of the URL. You could propose a name by forming a nice URL: "/xyz/xyz?dummy=/hallo.txt"...

Björn

PS: skiing is over now for this season, unfortunately...

heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

no thats not working out in our case because the url (using a servlet) is quite more complicated and has a lot of parameters. The interface of the servlet does not provide a possibility to add a path like you proposed.

Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Frauke,

are you sure? There is tpyically no problem appending new parameters to a URL - as long as they do not conflict with existing parameters that are interepreted by the servlet...

Björn

heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

you are right, it works with appending a dummy parameter. I think I just misunderstood.
Sorry for that and thanks....

Frauke

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: