[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: asingla  XML
Profile for asingla -> Messages posted by asingla [5]
Hi,

I am already using this method to remove objects from the list.

However, my point was that if I need to store somewhere the index of the row that was being removed, I will have have to write extra line,

Code:
list.indexOf(obj)

I was thinking if according to the user requirement, either the row no. or the selected object be returned from the page. Currently, there is option for only selected object

Thanks
Akash
Hi,

I have created a fixGrid with one column being used to delete the entire row.

However, when I press the delete button on any row, I do not get the selected row Index.
Rather I get the complete object of the selected row.

Wouldnt it be convenient to return the selected row index as well as selected row object?

I have been using richfaces till date wherein I get both the selected row index and object.
If this feature is already present, please let me know.

Thanks,
Akash

Hi,

For using CaptainCasa, I have been setting scope of every bean to session scope in faces-config.xml to make the pages work.

Please let me know if any other way is available because I have more than 1000 managed beans and I cant set every one to a session scope.

Thanks
Akash
Thanks for replying,

I would like to add few things here,

When exchanging data between the UI and the server, the state of the bean is re-initialized for every transition between server and client if the scope is request. This makes one loose data.

Workaround for this is, session scope of managed bean so as to keep the state of the bean active.
However, keeping every bean in session scope is an issue with Memory (bean remains active for the user session.)

savestate and keepAlive help to get rid of session state of managed beans because, they keep the state of the bean active only between multiple requests.

Thus, the bean is easily removed from the memory once we move away from a particular page.
I think this can be considered to become a part of CaptainCasa.

Thanks.
Akash
Hi,

I am new to this community and new to CaptainCasa.

However, I have been involved with development on JSF for the past 3 years.

I have used Myfaces savestate property and richfaces keepAlive property quite frequently to define a state of the page between request scope and session scope.

Is there anything that replicates the same behaviour in CaptainCasa????

Akash

Profile for asingla -> Messages posted by asingla [5]
Go to: