[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: gjones  XML
Profile for gjones -> Messages posted by gjones [38] Go to Page: 1, 2, 3 Next 
It's okay, I sorted it out. Not the way I have in the past, I know, but I have sorted it out.

I allowed normal users write access to the conf & logs directories. The ability to do this is hidden in Windows XP, you have to turn Simple File Sharing off (why, MS, why?) before you can see the Security tab in the directory properties display, and in that tab you can allow it.
I must have had this problem before but can't remember how I solved it.

I normally run as a limited user. I installed CC okay (simply switching to an administrator account to do so) but trying to start the server results in
Code:
 java.util.logging.ErrorManager: 4
 java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Programme\Develop\CC_EnterpriseClient\server\t
 omcat\logs\catalina.2009-08-23.log (Zugriff verweigert)
         at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.juli.FileHandler.open(FileHandler.java:259)
         at org.apache.juli.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:59)
         at org.apache.juli.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:50
Oh. What a dingbat

Thanks Björn.
Thanks. Please see http://www.casabacdemo.com/forum/posts/list/751.page
I have a grid with some MyGridItems in it. If an error occurs when I try to save a MyGridItem, I want to display a popup. I thought something like
Code:
public void onSaveRow(javax.faces.event.ActionEvent event) {

try {

} catch (MyException e) {
         ErrorDisplay errorDisplay = new ErrorDisplay();

errorDisplay.display();
     }
 }

in MyGridItem would work, where ErrorDisplay is something like:
Code:
 public class ErrorDisplay implements IModalPopupListener {

private ModalPopup  popup;

public void onOK(ActionEvent event) {
         reactOnPopupClosedByUser();
     }

public void reactOnPopupClosedByUser() {
         this.popup.close();
         this.popup = null;
     }

public void display() {
         this.popup = ModalPopup.createInstance();
         this.popup.open("/MyError.jsp",
                         "Save failed",
                         0, // auto-
                         0, // -size
                         this);
     }
 }

but although reactOnPopupClosedByUser() works fine, onOK() is never called, despite it being linked to the button on MyError.jsp:
Code:
<%@page contentType="text/html"%>
 <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

<%@taglib prefix="f" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"%>
 <%@taglib prefix="h" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"%>

<%@taglib prefix="t" uri="/WEB-INF/eclnt"%>

<!-- ========== CONTENT BEGIN ========== -->
 <f:view>
 <h:form>
 <t:row id="g_4" >
 <t:button id="g_5" actionListener="#{d.ErrorDisplay.onOK}" text="#{rr.literals.labelok}" />
 </t:row>
 <!-- ========== CONTENT END ========== -->
Okay, I got it. Something like
Code:
    <tag name="button" variant="highlighted">
         <set attribute="foreground" value="#000000"/>
         <set attribute="contentareafilled" value="false"/>
         <set attribute="bgpaint" value="roundedrectangle(0,0,100%,100%,20,20,#00FF0066)"/>
     </tag>
seems to work.
I can see this must be something to do with the styles, but setting "background" and "foreground" does something different to what I had hoped for. I can also see it probably has something to do with "contentareafilled", because "background" sets the area.. uh.. behind the button.. to the desired colour, so I guess I somehow have to specify the contentarea colour. Somehow.
Do you have any plans to integrate the EC with Eclipse or any other IDE? I don't know what others' feelings are on the matter, but the key point about an IDE is the Integrated bit, so that I only need one window open to work in, and at the moment I have to have at least two (Eclipse and EC).

Maybe you could call it the EEC (Eclipse Enterprise Client) or EU (Eclipse Unified) or something like that. Wait. That's a terrible thing for a Brit to suggest
I have a formattedfield with the format 'time' and formatmask 'short'. Mostly it is ok - I can enter times no problem. I can also enter, say, 12 and tab away and the control will automagically correct itself to read 12:00, however if I enter, say, 9... the value returns to whatever was in there previously and focus remains on the field. It only seems to happen for single digit inputs. Should I be using a different formatmask or something, or is this a bug?
Thanks
When I adjust the split between the Components and Attributes, please don't set it back to whatever value you think it should have when I click on another component. It is really, really annoying.
Thanks, I will look into this. It is definitely related to the reloading during development, that's where I have seen it every time. I know it isn't really your "fault", I've seen it often enough before.

And yes, I totally agree about separating the UI classes from the processing classes!
I'm seeing something similar:
Code:
13-Aug-2009 10:27:31 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
 SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
 13-Aug-2009 10:27:46 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
 SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
 java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

despite having the JAVA_OPTS set as described. Do you have any more clues for us?
Hmm. I have a similar problem

The actionlistener method doesn't get executed at all (discovered through debugging).
Hi Markus,

Yeah, I gathered that, thanks. My complaint was that I would have expected to see the name of the method in the error, but it just says "can not access a member of class ...". I would expect that the code trying to access the member would know what it was trying to access and be able report that fact.

I've fixed it, anyway, by rolling back through the changes until I found what it was that caused it.

Profile for gjones -> Messages posted by gjones [38] Go to Page: 1, 2, 3 Next 
Go to: