[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: bollinger  XML
Profile for bollinger -> Messages posted by bollinger [13]
Hi,

I found a Bug in the Editor.

Firstly you need at least to Projects: One with own components (let´s call it "democontrols") and a second without ("standardcontrols"), both already containing at least one page.

Scenario 1:
Start the Editor and open the "democontrols" Project, open a page and make a rightclick (as if you wanted to add new components). All fine, you see your own components in the menu.
Change to the "standardcontrols" Project, open up a page and try to add a compüonent. Your own components are still visible! If you add one of them, the editor crashes with a serverside error.

Scenario 2:
The other way round: First open "standardcomponents", open a page and make rightclick. Your own components aren´t visible, all good.
Now open "democontrols", a page, rightclick: Your own components aren´t visible, not so good. You must first restart the Editor before your own components are shown again.

Perhaps you could actualize the rightclick menue everytime you open it, or at least everytime you change Project?

Another proposal: Perhaps you could add a note in the Developer´s Guide, that the component order is defined in the "encodeChildren" Methode. Took me quite a while to puzzle that out . Always wondered why the colDistance Components didn´t seem to work in my own components

Greetings,
Thomas
Hi again,

I tried it this way:

Code:
 			ROWComponentTag rct = new ROWComponentTag();
 			rct.setId(createSubId());
 			BaseComponent  m_row = rct.createBaseComponent();
 			getChildren().add(m_row);

FIELDComponentTag fct = new FIELDComponentTag();
 			fct.setId(createSubId());
 			fct.setWidth("200");
 			m_field = fct.createBaseComponent();
 			m_row.getChildren().add(m_field);

In the controlsarrangment.xml I placed the component to be in a t:pane (as it has its own row):

Code:
 <controlsarrangement>
 	<tag name="t:pane" below="demo:labelfield"/>
 </controlsarrangement>

But when I add this component to a page, I don´t see anything of it.
If I undo the changes, place it again in a t:row in the controlsarrangment.xml and try it without a row component, all works fine.

Any idea why it doesn´t work?

Greetings,
Thomas
Hi,

I wanted to extend your example for own Components (the labelfield Component in the Developer´s Guide) with a row Component, so that I can arrange multiple labelfields underneathe each other.

How can I put the label and the field INSIDE a row component? I already tried to use the setParent() methode for the label and field, but got this error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Parent was not null, but this component not related

Greetings,
Thomas
Ah thx for the info.

We´ll make it as you saied.
Hi,

we´ve the problem, that all the temporary pages are never deleted by CaptainCasa. In our case, they are all stored in the directory "\work\org\apache\jsp". After a few weeks, this directory grows so large, that even opening takes several seconds, because there are thousands of the pages with "_zzzz" stored.

Is there any way, the pages could be deleted automatically?

Grettings,
Thomas Bollinger
I think Java Swing supports this kind of sizing (preferredSize(), maxSize(), things like that).

I use it for Design- and Multilanguage support of our Software. In some of our Grids, the rows are colore coded and I want tp implement a label: Background: the color, Text: why this color. Got what I mean? ;-)
No sorry, that´s exactly what I NOT want ;-)

I want it the other way round: width = 100 ==> if too short then less then 100 (width of the text inside); if too long then truncation (with "...").
Hi again,

Labels are normaly (no width set) as long as the text inside. But is there a possibility to define a max. width? If the text inside the Label is shorter then max. width, it is as long as the text, but with a maximum of max. width.

Greetings,
Thomas
Hi,

is there a possibility, to keep output-messages in the Statusbar until a new messages is shown?

In my case, I show the number of matches after a search in the Statusbar. Now it would be great to keep this message even if I scroll throught the list of matches.

Is this possible or must I use a Label for this?

Greetings,
Thomas Bollinger
Why doesn´t it surprise me that you can´t reproduce my problem? ;-)

If I understand the explaination of the "contentReplaceWithDrillDown" property in the DevGuide right, it is used only if you want to open the PopUp multiple times, isn´t it?
As the PopUp is only opened once, I didn´t use it before at all:

Code:
 		m_filterPopUp = ModelessPopup.createInstance();
 		m_filterPopUp.setContentReplace(super.getOwningDispatcher()
 				.getContentReplace());

IModelessPopupListener mpl = new IModelessPopupListener() {
 			public void reactOnPopupClosedByUser() {
 				m_filterPopUp.close();
 				m_filterPopUp = null;
 			}
 		};

fcb.onProfilnameSelected((ActionEvent) null);	 
 		//Exactly the  same method, I use when clicking on the ComboBox in the PopUp

m_filterPopUp.open(PageConstants.SENDUNGSFILTER, "Sendungsfilter",
 				1010, 600, mpl);

With new demo you added, which one is it? The one under "General Issues\Open/Close Pages" ? Without the xml- and source code it doesn´t help me much ;-)
Am I just to stupid to find it or is the code really missing? And were could I download it?
Hi there,

sorry for not phoning you last week Mr. Müller. We had big problems with our Software.

I heard that Mr. Födeles phoned you and showed you my problem. Is there any way to solve the problem by now? Or do you need more information from me?

Greetings,
Thomas
Yes both is the case. That was also my first thought.

The bewildering thing is, that I call the same methods if I select another profil in the ComboBox of the Popup and when opening the Popup. First way round all works fine. Just in the other case it doesn´t.
There is nothing else loaded when the Popup is opened. So all the variables are in exactly the same state when I open the Popup and when I´m selecting a profil in the ComboBox. I even added a reset-method to manualy reset all variables before I make a selection in the ComboBox.

Thomas

Hi there,

Background: I have a search window with a FixGrid for the results, a ComboBox where you select a profil with certain filtercriteria and a Button to open a Popup, where you can edit those filterprofils.
This Popup contains amongst others a ComboBox, like the one in the other window and a Pane where you see the chosen filtercriteria.

What I want to achieve: If you selected a filterprofil in the first window and hit the button to open the Popup, the selected profil and the set criteria should be visible in the Popup.

The Problem: When I open the Popup, the correct profil is selected in the ComboBox, but the filtercriteria are just not shown in their Pane. When I add another criteria, the Pane is updated and the other already set criteria are shown.
The Java Code at the Backend seems to be correct. It does add the criterias, but the Popup just seems to not update after it is opened.

Profile for bollinger -> Messages posted by bollinger [13]
Go to: