[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: schmuck  XML
Profile for schmuck -> Messages posted by schmuck [83] Go to Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next 
Hello,

the DevelopersGuide, page 31 says:

• “With support of native components.” Choosing this option will integrate an additional
library into you JNLP definition that supports the integration of native controls within
the client environment. You must use this option when deploying applications that use
the BROWSER or the ACTIVEX control.

What librarys exactly? I need this information for our PageBrowser integration in an own swing app.

regards,
Michael Schmuck
sure !

this file fails for example:

7,87 MB (8.257.536 Bytes)
Hello,

as I wrote in the topic, the client runs into an error:

Code:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
 	at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
 	at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(Unknown Source)
 	at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(Unknown Source)
 	at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(Unknown Source)
 	at org.eclnt.client.elements.impl.util.FileUploader.startUploadFiles(FileUploader.java:387)
 	at org.eclnt.client.elements.impl.util.FileUploader.start(FileUploader.java:333)
 	at org.eclnt.client.elements.impl.FILEUPLOADBUTTONElement.triggerServer(FILEUPLOADBUTTONElement.java:60)
 	at org.eclnt.client.elements.impl.BUTTONElement$MyMouseActionListener.mouseReleased(BUTTONElement.java:75)
 	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

maxPostSize on server side is 10.500.000 bytes. Up to 5MB files it works. More then 5MB I run into this error.

The client has -Xmx=256m

Any ideas what happens there? The client should have enougth memory for an 10MB file!

regards,
Michael Schmuck

One additional question to the filedownloadbutton.

Doesn't the filedownloadbutton trigger an roundtrip like the normal buttons?

While providing the download content, I set an other attribute in my bean that indicates that the file was already downloaded.
This is shown after the next flush (e.g. scrolling a table or pressing a button) but not after pressing the download button!

- michael
Okay, with throwing an RuntimeException I can show the user an default "there was an error" message within the download window.

That should be sufficient for now, but it would be nicer to provide an individual error message.

Thanks!
Hello,

Downloading with the BufferedContentManager works fine with the t:filedownloadbutton component

But what if there is an error while creating the dynamic content?
If there occurs an error and I return an NULL byte[] or an empty byte[] the user also getso the download successfully message!

Do you have suggestions for me how to handle this issue?

regards,
Michael Schmuck
Hi,

still the same with the fontfamily parameter.

This is the current index.html document:

Code:
  <html>

<body leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0 bottommargin=0 style="overflow: hidden">

<script type="text/javascript">
  // this code is used by APPLETCONTEXTSHOWDOCUMENT - if this is configured to
  // use java script instead of directly contacting the context
  function ccOpenPageInTarget(ccTarget,ccURL)
  {
      var ccWindow = window.open(ccURL,ccTarget);
      ccWindow.focus();
  }
  </script>

<applet code="org.eclnt.client.page.PageApplet.class" 
          archive="eclnt/lib/eclnt.jar,eclnt/lib/eclnt_simplyhtml.jar,eclnt/lib/swt.jar" width="100%" height="100%" MAYSCRIPT>
      <param name='page' value='faces/Workplace/main.jsp?firma=daimlerwebportal'>
      <param name='gridscrolldelay' value='0'>
      <param name="image" value="eclnt/images/splash.png">
      <param name="centerimage" value="true">
      <param name="java_arguments" value="-Xmx256m">
      <param name="java_version" value="1.6+">
      <param name="separate_jvm" value="true">
      <param name="MAYSCRIPT" value="true">
      <param name="fontfamily" value="Trebuchet MS;Courier New">

<!-- This text appears in case the applet does not show up. -->
      The applet could not be loaded - please install the Java runtime
      plugin: <a href="http://www.java.com/download">http://www.java.com/download</a>

</applet>

</body>
  </html>

regards,
Michael Schmuck
Good news. It seems to work!

The client has no problems anymore after a couple of days testing the -Xmx256m setting.

But I'm not 100% satisfied with this solution. I would like to know the "why"!

Do u have any suggestions for me how to profile the client in background while the user is doing his daily work ?

regards,
Michael
Hi,

I attached an logfile from the client in INFO mode. Thats not detailed enougth, isn't it?

regards,
Michael
Hi,

i attached the index.html file that loads the applet to this post.

Its default - nothing changed in memory settings!

regads,
Michael Schmuck

p.s. I got a new phone numer. I send it to you directly via mail.
Hello,

on just one singe client machine, we face the problem that the client is getting slower and slower after some time using the application until it crashes. We start the eclnt as an applet.

The user reported that everything is fine if the he closes the corresponding workpage and reopens it shortly before the client crashes. You have to know, that the user drags the workpage out of the workplace to use fully maximized single window. Maybe this could be an starting point to search for the reason.

That the client will crash is indicated by a more and more slower behavor of the GUI. Something like an memory leak and the garbage collector doesn't clean up well.
But if we have an real client side crash, I mean stack trace at the client side is thown, or if we have a server side error i don't know. I gave the user the order to make an screenshot next time it appears.

As is said, we have this issue just on one single machine!

What possibilies do I have to profile the client? Or is it also enough to collect the client log? (Maybe logged into an textfile on clientside).

Regards,
Michael Schmuck

Its an applet in IE 8.0.6 running on a custormer computer. Default settings, look and feel isn't changed.

The only thing I can say that they use a proxy system, configured via an proxy-script. Could maybe here happen something according to this?

Hello,

one of our customers encountered the problem, that the text of labels is italic rendered where it shouldn't be!

We installed a machine with the same os, java and browser version but we can't reproduce it.

Would it help you to figure out the problem when we instruct our customer to send us the logfile of the client java console?

To illustrate this issue i attached an screenshot to this post.

regards,
Michael Schmuck

Hello Captain,

is it possible to add a flush=true behaivour for the thin components. Espacially to the radiobutton.

regards,
Michael
Hello Captain,

the t:htradiobutton component hat like the t:htlabel a property "style" for css styles.

But unlike the htlabel, the htradionbutton does not change the color for it's text when I set "color:#FF0000".

regards,
Michael

Profile for schmuck -> Messages posted by schmuck [83] Go to Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next 
Go to: