[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: schenker  XML
Profile for schenker -> Messages posted by schenker [9]
Hi Björn

Thank you for introducing the attribute "align" for the combobox.

Is it possible to add the same amount of space on the right side,
as it is now on the left side? See attached screenshot.

In my opinion it would look better.

Regards, Thomas
Perfect!
As you know, we're using the swing-client

Thank you, Thomas
Hi Björn!

I use a Combo Box for the selection of money and percentage amounts (e.g. vat rates: 8.00%, 23.00%, ...)
I would like to align these amounts (text) to the right side.
But the Combo Box has no attribute "align" or "itemalign".
Is it possible to add this attribute to the Combo Box?

Thanks, Thomas
Firefox 36.0.4
Java 1.8.0_40-b26 32bit
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Results (count)
0 (crashed while navigating)
0 (crashed while navigating)

Gruss, Thomas
Hi, Björn

Thanks for explaining the roundtrip times.
Faking the progress bar is not nice…

Ok, then I have the possibility to switch off the footerline in production and to place the SYSTEMICON elsewhere (as you did in the demo workplace)
or to build a statusbar on my own (now I have found out how to arrange the rowstatusbar in line with other components…)

Regards,
Thomas
Hello community!

I have some questions and proposals concerning the footerline in the (outmost) statusbar.

With the newest release 20110228 the SYSTEMICON component can be used to place the icons for client-configuration and restart somewhere else.
But I still want to use the statusbar to display these icons (within the footerline) because I like them there.
(Actually I don't know how to make a custom statusbar without the footerline but with the icons as SYSTEMICON, because there is no statusbar-control which I can place in a row together with the SYSTEMICON's...)
So I was thinking about some changes to the footerline, so that I really like it

The footerline shows the roundtrip-times (?) and a page-load progress bar (?) :

- roundtrip-times: Can someone explain me the meaning of the number of milliseconds in front and inside the brackets? (I couldn't find it in the documentation)
I think that these roundtrip-times shouldn't be shown to the user by default, because it’s rather something for debug/support purposes.
I would like to be able to switch them on/off at runtime in the client-configuration dialog, perhaps in an "advanced" section. What do you think?

- page-load progress bar: In our applications I never saw any progress shown in the progressbar. Perhaps this is because we use them only in our (fast) intranet...
Anyway - in IE 7 and 8, FireFox 3.6 and Google Chrome the progressbar is only shown during the loading of the page, afterwards it disappears.
I would like this behaviour also in CaptainCasa. What do you think?
Actually, in the slides for the new feature "Webstart Flat Mode" and the movie "Workplace Mgmt" there is no progressbar shown in the footerline - is it therefore already possible to hide the progressbar?

Thanks, Thomas
Hi Tobias,

for the application we started with 5 years ago, we in fact also used the ajax-based framework you know... <br>
But we also have several applications that are built with CaptainCasa - all running with exactly the same configuration without any problems (but of course also with no static content in the apache).

Thomas
Hi Tobias,

we're using an apache webserver in front of up to 12 Tomcat-Nodes for loadbalancing with JK over AJP. This configuration runs now for over 5 years in production and we are very happy with it.<br>
We have NO content that is served by the apache webserver, all static content (html-pages and images) is contained in the webapp deployed on the tomcat nodes. We have never tried to use apache for static content, because we don't have a lot of it.

Thomas
Hi,

I'm also using expressions with "logic" - until now only to invert the value of a boolean property.
In the eclnt-log I see then the following entry:
"Expression detected for which non-optimized value expression is used: #{d.DemoUI.DemoBean.isCalculated == false}"

Using an expression like this is "very elegant" but obviously not considered as "optimized".

Why? Is it "only" because of the replacements being done?

Is there an optimized way, that ist still "elegant"?

Thanks, Thomas

Profile for schenker -> Messages posted by schenker [9]
Go to: