[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: unger  XML
Profile for unger -> Messages posted by unger [261] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18 Next 
Hi Björn,

I like to handle row selection in the UI class, not inside the row (griditem) class, because the row should be a simple object (POJO) that does not know anything about the user interface.

Is the hint in the developement tool "Events: GridRowSelect, ..." correct? If I map a managed bean method to the ActionListener of the grid, there is no notification when a row is selected.

So am I right in the way I show in the listing?

Joachim
Dear Markus,

I am sure, it is javax.faces.event.ActionEvent.

Is it in principle possible, to define an ActionListener on the fixgrid item?

Joachim
Hi,

the workplace tool shows me a ouple of events for a fixgrid. (GridRowSelect, GridRowExecute)

The way I catch these events is like that:
Code:
 	public class MyGrid extends FIXGRIDListBinding<FilmData> {
 		@Override
 		public void onGridAction (ActionEvent event) {
 			if (event instanceof BaseActionEventGridRowSelect) {
 				FilmData sel = grid.getSelectedItem ();
 				SearchDetailUI m_sdui = (SearchDetailUI) m_dispatcher.getDispatchedBean (SearchDetailUI.class);
 				m_sdui.setFilm (sel);
 			}
 			else if (event instanceof BaseActionEventGridRowExecute) {
 				FilmData sel = grid.getSelectedItem ();
 				SearchDetailUI m_sdui = (SearchDetailUI) m_dispatcher.getDispatchedBean (SearchDetailUI.class);
 				m_sdui.setFilm (sel);
 			}
 			super.onGridAction (event);
 		}

};

This works fine. To avoid any inner classes I would like to drag an action listener into the actionListener field of the fixgrid. When I do so the tool accepts the input but the listener will not be invoked.

Any help?

Joachim
Hello Forum,

do have any hints using log4j in Enterprise Client environment?
There are discussions (other forums) using a common log4j.jar (tomcat/lib) or deplying an own one.

I get the same error message. Is it right to copy a log4j.property file into tomcat/lib? In my opinion the right place for log4j.property is inside the classpath (WEB-INF/classes)

I prefer to use a single instance of log4j.jar inside tomca/lib. But then no more logging on level debug ist done. May be my application does not find log4j.properties.

Regards,

Joachim Unger
Hi all,

what do You think about an attribute displayValuesOnly.

It would be usefull for any controls displayed in a grid instead of showing disabled widgets that cannot be modified.

Take a combobox for example. In edit mode You would present a combobox with Mr. / Mrs. or german Herr / Frau. In display mode You would present only a label without the drop down button of the combobox.

1st.) That is better for reading.
2nd.) Another bottleneck is that disabled controls are grayed. I cannot change text color in a combobox.

My opinion is that only one row in a grid is editable. Every row that is not in focus should be in displayValuesOnly-mode and should present labels instead of controls features like drop down buttons

Regards
Joachim
Hello Björn,

would You switch on regex for password fields?

Joachim
I found it: EC needs a Date.

I tested medium format for Calendar => 01.01.1970 01:00:00

1 o'clock is always a time zone difference. It was a luck that my job paranmeter was set to 13:00 and I saw the 1:00 as a 1:00 p.m.

Everything works fine with Java's Date. Would be nice to have support of Calendar or String for a simple time format.

Regards,

Joachim

Land: DE
Sprache: de

I have a FormattedField: Only format=time, not the data type!

Joachim
Hi,

which Java data types are supported by FormattedField(s) with format time?

I have a String "13:00" which leads to output "01:00". Is it a time zone problem or a general problem handling type String ?

I set the Locale de/DE in the session configuration. Where can the locale be set?

Regards,

Joachim
Hi again,

but when my client is configured correctly - that is it indeed : my windows clock is showing 19:30 - why is the output 01:00 while the String is 13:00?

Joachim
Hi,

which Java data types are supported by FormattedField(s) with format time?

I have a String "13:00" which leads to output "01:00". Is it a time zone problem or a general problem handling type String ?

I set the Locale de/DE in the session configuration. Where can the locale be set?

Regards,

Joachim
Hi,

JavaScript? How did I find this nonsense?

I ment: Java code inside the client component.

Joachim
Hi,

fine. That's the way we transmit passwords over the network and store passwords into a database table.There is no chance für database connection spoofing or TCP/IP paket collection.

The password policy can be checked within JavaScript - am I right?

How can I get the EC - JARs?

Joachim
Hi Brörn,

it's great!

Did You wrap a Swing textfield component?

I had a look into the EC manual "Adding own Components",
but found it as variant A (from A and B): "Documentation on (A) will follow."

Would be nice to get a sample.

Joachim

Hi Björn,

the Postgres JDBC JAR (including extension) is not inside WEB-INF.

That is the problem.

Thank You!

Joachim

Profile for unger -> Messages posted by unger [261] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18 Next 
Go to: