[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: heyl  XML
Profile for heyl -> Messages posted by heyl [267] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18 Next 
Hi Björn,

there also are problems with the sizing of any popup that is nested within a YESNOPopup. The "inner" popup will allway have the same size than the YesNoPopup and ignores its on settings given by popup.open(...)

With "nested" YesNoPoups I mean: opening a new popup inside the reactOnYes function of the YesNoPopup.

To me it looks like this problem is related to the one above.

Frauke
Hi Björn,

is there any possibility to use nested YesNoPopups?
I get a null pointer exception before the reactOnYes method is executed (because the m_yesNoListener is null after the outer YesNoPopup is closed).

In my case the problem is hard to prevent because I like to execute a command after displaying a message box. And I do not know what the command looks like - and it might open a YesNoPopup itself.

best regards
Frauke

public class Test1Bean {
public String getText() { return "Line 1<br>Line2"; }
}
Hi Björn,

I did not succeed to put a text containing HTML code into the text pane control
(i.e "line 1<br>line 2").
As I have seen in the demo workspace this works perfectly if I enter the text directly into the text pane.
But if I pass it with a property function from the bean or even add it in the property field directly with the designer, the html code is not being resolved.

Frauke

Sorry, the style is working (just forgot that it's not a link and I had to add it to the styles.xml)

Frauke
Hi Björn,

I have some ideas concerning the file download:

1. as it seems to me the style variant is not coming through
2. is it possible to add an action listener to perform some additional action after the download (i.e. close a popup)? I tried, but it does not seem to work.
3. if I set an image (instead of a text) some of it is cut off at the top
4. (rather than 3.) Is it possible to attach the download functionality to a button or icon? (Would be nice for file upload either)
5. Is there anything you can do about the file selection dialog? (use a file save dialog for instance, or use something like the windows down load dialog?)

Thanks for evaluating my ideas benevolently.

Frauke
Well ok,....

as a kind of security check we only allow file download if the servlet and the application are running within the same session.

The only chance I see in the moment is to switch off this check.....
but that also affects our casabac application.

... but sure works for all cases.
Maybe you will have some enlightments later?

Frauke

Hi Björn,

I checked the client log as you said and the session IDs are the same.
But still the Servlet gets an other one.

Is the call
HttpServletRequest req;
req.getSession().getId();

in the servlet correct? Or does it provide som other ID?

Frauke
Hi Björn,

I tried it, but it does not work. The session id from the HttpServletRequest is still different.

Just to be sure I got you right:
I append the session id to the URL and then the servlet's HttpServletRequest will receive the session id from this?

Additionally this throws up a problem I had before:
if I append the session id to the URL, the file name (of the download servlet) will not be extracted correctly (see post "File download with servlet").

Frauke
Hi Björn,

do servlets run in a different session than the CaptainCasa application?
If not, how can I get the common session id?

I want to to check if a file download servlet is running in the same session than the caller before file download is allowed.
I used the session id in our Casabac application to do that, but here I get two different session ids.
This is how I determine the session ids:

CaptainCasa:
HttpSessionAccess.getCurrentHttpSession(FacesContext.getCurrentInstance()).getId()

Servlet:
HttpServletRequest req;
req.getSession().getId();

Frauke

Hi Björn,

you are right, it works with appending a dummy parameter. I think I just misunderstood.
Sorry for that and thanks....

Frauke
Hi Björn,

no thats not working out in our case because the url (using a servlet) is quite more complicated and has a lot of parameters. The interface of the servlet does not provide a possibility to add a path like you proposed.

Frauke
Hi Björn,

ok, got it working, you where right about the path.

But there where no error messages anywhere, in none of the logs, the file selection popup came up and the message box just said "downloading....".
I detected the error only when I copied the URL into the browser address field.

Now something else:
would it be possible to add a new attribute to the download component for the destination file name?
At the moment it looks like you extract it from the end of the given URL, and that is not appropriate for our servlet URL. There I get some strange string.... what ever there is behind the last '/'.

Have a nice skiing and easter vacation....
Frauke
Hi Björn,

as for my part I do not like the popups drifting up from the bottom of the screen very much, it seems like a flurry to me.
In our case some of the popups need some time to build up (you know the ActiveX controls) and so the popup glues to the bottom while initializing and then suddenly jumps to the middle of the screen.
Could you make this feature configurable?

Thanks Frauke
Hi Björn,

the file download component does not work with a servlet url.
The file is not saved in the selected client directory, no error message is displayed or logged.

By the way: The file selection dialog is quite unexpected there (and it seems to be a file open dialog, which also is confusing). I would prefer the familiar windows download dialog.

Ciao
Frauke

Profile for heyl -> Messages posted by heyl [267] Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18 Next 
Go to: