[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: zoteszari  XML
Profile for zoteszari -> Messages posted by zoteszari [8]
Hi Björn,

In understand now. Thanks for your detailed answer.

Zoltan
Hi Captain,

I found what I was doing wrong. In my grid I had:
<t:checkbox flush='true' selected='.{selected}' actionListener='#{d.MyUI.onCheckboxFlush}' />
and instead I should have
<t:checkbox flush='true' selected='.{selected}' actionListener='.{onCheckboxFlush}' />

Copy/Paste from one class to another...
Sorry for this.
Now it is working fine.

The only question I have left is regarding this:
<t:beanprocessing >
<t:beanmethodinvoker actionListener="#{d.myUI.onUpdateGrid}" jsfphase="updateEnd" />
</t:beanprocessing>

onUpdateGrid from this example is invoked before or after the actions are invoked ? Because I see that it is invoked after the onCheckboxFlush and onRowSelect and I understood from what you said earlier that it is invoked before them. I'm wrong ? Maybe is not the correct name for the jsfphase that I use ?
Thanks for your patience.

Zoltan
Hi Captain,

I thought that because we change the row onRowSelect will be triggered first.
If I understand corectly the "...the selection information (i.e. the information which item is selected in a grid) is passed in the value-transfer-phase of the request processing..." I have to do something like this:

<t:beanprocessing >
<t:beanmethodinvoker actionListener="#{d.myUI.onUpdateGrid}" jsfphase="updateEnd" />
</t:beanprocessing>

Unfortunately this is triggered after the actionListener of the checkbox and the onRowSelect.
I tried with jsfphase="updateBegin" and now is triggered before the actionListener of the checkbox but the m_grid.getSelectedItem() is null!

I'm stuck! Any idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Zoltan
Hi Captain,
I'm trying to change a value on a row when the user select a checkbox on that row. For that I'm using a t:checkbox with flush and when the selection in the grid is done by keyboard everything is ok: when the user press UP/DOWN the onRowSelect() is triggered and I save the item as selectedItem and I use that in the actionListener of the checkbox to change the value on the current(selected) row.
But when the user goes directly on a new row and select the checkbox with a mouse click the actionListener of the checkbox is executed first and the onRowSelect() after, so I no longer have the correct selectedItem! If I first select the row with a mouse click on another column(not the checkbox one) the onRowSelect() is triggered and if after that I select the checkbox everything is ok.

Is this a bug ? Or I have to do this another way ?
Thanks,
Zoltan
Thanks,

Zoltan
Hi Captain,

Testing t:autocomplete I ran into an issue: when selecting with keyboard(Enter) it triggers the listeners one more time after selection. When selecting with mouse everything is ok. Because of that it doubles the number of roundtrips to the database(I read the list from a database). I checked the logs and after selection with Enter another Flush is triggered with the value selected. Only when the selection is done with the keyboard.
Is this by design or I'm doing something wrong ?

Thanks,
Zoltan
Hi Captain,
That did the trick!

Thanks,
Zoltan
Hi Captain,

Is there a way to do some application level initialization/cleanup ? I mean, something like ServletContextListener contextInitialized/contextDestroyed ?
I tried to define a class that implements ServletContextListener interface and I added a listener entry for that class in web.xml but I receive a ClassNotFoundException error.

Thanks,
Zoltan

Profile for zoteszari -> Messages posted by zoteszari [8]
Go to: