[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Messages posted by: pstich  XML
Profile for pstich -> Messages posted by pstich [9]
Hello,
We are using a TextField which we want to validate via „regex“.
We don‘t want the warning-message described in http://www.captaincasademo.com/forum/posts/list/1931.page because our Regex is very long and the user will not understand it.
And we want that the Text is not deleted (previous valid value restored) when the user entered invalid text and the focus returns to the window/Textfield.
So we set „regexmode“ to 0.

Now the TextField turns red when the Regex is violated and no warning-message is displayed.

Observed: when we continue the input is not validated again. So the user can continue with invalid input.

Expected behavior: the user can not continue with input that does not comply with the Regex.

Is this an error or are we doing things wrong?

We use version „eclntjsfserver-5_0_20131216_3.jar“.

Regards,
Simon
Thanks for your hint! It was a spelling mistake exactly at the Getter from the ButtonGroup that i haven´t seen...

But a strange behaviour that only the last Button of the hole Group makes that trouble^^
Hello,
i have two RadioButtons combined to a Group.
Everytime I select the second one, the marked Point jumps back to the first RadioButton. If I look into the getValue() I get the value of the second one, but on my Screen that one isn´t marked.
I tested it with true/false, 0/1 as values. Everytime the same thing. If I change the direction of the two RadioButtons (e.g. false / true instead of true / false) it doesn´t get "turn around". It always jumps back from the second added RadioButton to the first added RadioButton, no matter which one has which refValue.

(With three RadioButtons that "jump" only happens if i want to select the third one. Switching between the first and the second RadiioButton runs in that case)

Can you reproduce that bug?

My implementation:

Code:

(...)
 ROWNode rowButton = new ROWNode();
 rowButton.addSubNode(createValueFieldRadioButton(rowIndex, "false"));
 rowButton.addSubNode(createValueFieldRadioButton(rowIndex, "true"));
 rowButton.setRendered(isVisible);
 (...)

private RADIOBUTTONNode createValueFieldRadioButton(final int rowIndex, final String buttonValue) {
         RADIOBUTTONNode radioButton = new RADIOBUTTONNode();

radioButton.setText(m_translationProvider.replaceLitera("search.configuration.valid." + buttonValue));
         radioButton.setWidth("100%");
         radioButton.setBackground(COLOR_WHITE);
         radioButton.setFlush(true);

radioButton.setValue("#{d.extendedSearchQueryBuilder.searchFields["
                     + rowIndex + "].selectedValue}");
         radioButton.setRefvalue(buttonValue);

radioButton.setGroup("#{d.extendedSearchQueryBuilder.searchFields[" + rowIndex + "].name}");

radioButton.setEnabled("#{d.extendedSearchQueryBuilder.searchFields[" + rowIndex + "].editable}");
         return radioButton;
     }

Log of the Getter and Setter of selectedValue:

Set: 'false'
Get: 'false'
Get: 'false'

But only for the "click-second" the false-RadioButton is selected, then it is the true-RadioButton again (in the selectedValue-Variable already is "false" as value)...

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Pascal
The problem is, if we would use this additional field, we have to insert a special message or expression separately at every validated field that we have in our system.

If a little information would be generally added to the warning-message, it will completely solve the problem with minimal effort i think.

At the moment the user is let clueless what was going wrong with his input.

For Example:
"Die Eingabe "xyz" ist nicht korrekt und wird durch vorherigen Wert ersetz. Prüfen Sie Ihre Eingabe. [0-9]*"

Just this little adding would be great

Thanks & best Regards
Pascal
Hello,
can you put a little bit more information in the warning-messages of validated TextFields? Maybe a little hint what input is expected or the Expression (e.g. [A-Z]) additional to the message.

Best Regards,
Pascal
Thanks! That was the missing point...

Now it runs
Hello,
what does the svg-file has to contain for getting into the actionListener when a special part (e.g. <text>) was clicked?

I saw the example with the Hardware, Software,...-Chart, but i can´t get it run with my own code...

Best Regards,
Pascal
Hi,
is it possible to get the given filename in a Filedownload-Process into my application? The setter of the attribute "fileName" isn´t called, only the getter for the defaultValue of the Filechooser-Dialog.

Is there any way to get the fileName that is given by the User?

Regards,
Pascal
Hi,
i have a gridcol where the attribute Image is set by a getter-method in my Bean.
The problem is, that this getter isn´t called in the roundtrip like other getters (e.g. bgpaint from a t:filechooser or t:fixgrid). Also the bgpaint-Getter of t:gridcol isn´t called in that case. The Image-Getter is only called in case of rerendering the whole Grid.

Is it a bug and you can reproduce it or is it my mistake?

Regards,
Pascal

Profile for pstich -> Messages posted by pstich [9]
Go to: