[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Influence focus of Field control on server side  XML
Forum Index -> Development
rodinger

What I am trying to do is some kind of "HashMap" using a Fixgrid control with two columns which themselves contain a Field control. The first column contains so to speak the "HashMap" key and the second holds the corresponding value. To make sure that the keys entered are unique within the first column I do a input validation on server side as soon as there is a "focusLost" event for a first columns field.
Validation works very fine, but to improve the whole thing it would be nice that if the user enters a key that is already existing, the field containing the wrong input will receive the focus.

Is the best way to do this binding Field controls property "requestfocus" to a property on server side that will be set to true/false if input validation fails/succeeds, or is there an other (maybe better) way to achieve this?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Explicilty requesting the focus during runtime is in preparation but not yet released. Currently REQUESTFOCUS is only working when a page is initialized.

I'll check what we can do short term...

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Focus Management was updated with the current release. You now can set the focus to a specific component at runtime as well.

Please have a look into the documentation, Developer's Guide, Working with componetns. And please have a look into the demo workplace as well (within the very last tree node...).

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
rodinger

Integrated Focus Management to my component. It is easy to use and works real fine - thank you!

Stephan

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: