[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
async upload: timer refresh  XML
Forum Index -> Development
levy

Power User

Hi,

I the demo workplace, there is noticed for the asynchronous upload: "Of course you could use a timer component as well for regular checking if the file upload has finished."

(How) can I activate the timer only during the upload?

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Daniel,

this is a good question! The upload event is not sent as "ActionEvent", it only activates the URL it is bound to. So you cannot start a dynamically controlled timer...

We could update the file upload (synch): so that it calls a certain ActionEvent after upload has finished. I think this would solve the problem and remove the necessity of a timer.

OK?

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
levy

Power User

Hi Björn,

With synch upload it works already: The (uploaded) information is immediately rendered after upload. But I must use async upload because the files are quite large and I have memory problems with synch upload.

Although not elegant, it could be sufficient for my purposes to induce the user to push the refresh button after upload is finished. Is it possible to make the window "Übertragung zum Server" customizable in order to write a specific message in it? By the way, the push button text is mispelled (Abberchen). In second thoughts, this wouldnt be nice if the file is small: short time to read the message. Is it possible to advance an OK-Popup (or generally send an action event) when upload button is pressed, before upload starts? Perhaps I could do this myself, embedding the upload button in a popup window?

Daniel

[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Daniel,

yes...:
I think the best solution is if the asynch upload can be customized to invoke a normal server side call (i.e. action listener) is called after having finished the upload. Then the UI can sync on its own, no timer/refresh button is requiered. The effort on our side is quite low for this.

and...:
Own message in this dialog... - maybe I should understand your scenario a bit better. Could you explain what your sequence of steps for the user is/should be? Thanks!

"Abberchen", thanks + already fixed with this week's update.

Björn

levy

Power User

CaptainCasa wrote:
Hi Daniel,

yes...:
I think the best solution is if the asynch upload can be customized to invoke a normal server side call (i.e. action listener) is called after having finished the upload. Then the UI can sync on its own, no timer/refresh button is requiered. The effort on our side is quite low for this. 

This would be absolutely great!

CaptainCasa wrote:

and...:
Own message in this dialog... - maybe I should understand your scenario a bit better. Could you explain what your sequence of steps for the user is/should be? Thanks! 

This was just trying a workaround. If you implement your best solution above, no need for "own message in this dialog".

CaptainCasa wrote:

"Abberchen", thanks + already fixed with this week's update. 

I tried every time not to notice it, but it catched always my eyes...

Björn
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Daniel,
you changed your first name? ;-)
Björn (<-- the real one)

levy

Power User

Hi Björn

In the last CC version, I didnt find the customization of asynch upload. Still to come?

Daniel (<-- verified signature)
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...it is part of today's update! We are just building the update, it should be available around early afternoon.

Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

solved with 20090622
Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: