[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
hotkeys and tabbedpanetabs  XML
Forum Index -> Community
levy

Power User

Hi,

I have a tabbedPane with some tabbedpanetabs. In each tab, there is a button to preview a document. The hotkey is always (ctrl-p). When I hit (ctrl-p), the listeners in *all* tabs are alerted, so in each tab a document is loaded.

Of course, I would like that only the current tab listens to the hotkey or at least that I could know the current tab to avoid the action in the other tabs. What would be the best solution?

Regards, Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

the following should work: define the POPUPMENU for hot key not on TABBEDPANE level but on each TABBEDPANETAB level - then the corresponding action listener of TABBEDPANETAB should be called.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
levy

Power User

Hi,

The hotkey is defined through the button's attribute "hotkey". Each Button is inside the corresponding tabbedpanetab.

I suppose you are writing about an alternative way to define hotkeys: with popupmenu. I never used this. Is there somewhere a description about it?

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...yes, it's in the developer's guide.

Other possibility for you: you can tell the TABBEDPANE that it writes back the current tab-position (0,1,2,...). TABBEDPANE-VALUE is the corresponding attribute. Then you know where the user currently is - any only invoke this preview, that fits to the selected tab.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
levy

Power User

CaptainCasa wrote:
...yes, it's in the developer's guide.

And also in the Demo Workplace!
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Community
Go to: