[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
restart rendering phase  XML
Forum Index -> Development
moebus

Power User

Is it possible to restart the "rendering" phase of jsf after it has begun.

In some exceptional cases, we have the situation that when the renderer invokes a certain property this causes a side effect that some other property changes, and it happens that this property has already been read by the renderer. So it would be nice if we could cause it to restart all (or better still a certain part (=rowdynamicinclude)) of the rendering.

regards
Manfred
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...I do not know such a JSF method - maybe someone else?

What you may use: start and end of each phase of JSF (decode, update, invoke, render, etc.) is coming with the possibility to trigger certain events within your application. Look for PhaseManager within the docu.
Maybe you could use the start of the render-phase to find decisions which you currently find during the render phase.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
moebus

Power User

Hi,
Have already considered using the jsf phases.

Our problem here is that some information of what is rendered is currently only coded inside the jsp pages (e.g. what bean names, and what properties in these beans). And such a bean is instantiated through the jsf framework, when (after!) the ROWINCLUDE has requested its url property during the render phase, and it will not query it again.

So if you don't know any solution, we probably have to build up more meta information so that when some part of the framework decides that a particular jsp page is to be displayed, we know in advance its beans and some other properties, with these we can instantiate our beans by ourselves (and put them into Dispatcher), can validate these in an earlier phase, and then decide to change the original jsp file name to a different one. This extra meta data is not exactly what we want to maintain, but probably our only option?

Manfred
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...from my JSF knowledge: yes, or "very probably".
I did not scan the JSF reference documentation on this aspect... but I am sure you already did so. ;-)

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: