[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Rich client: blocking screen when a button is clicked  XML
Forum Index -> Development
kretzler

Power User

Hello,

in our application we can click the upload button two, three times. So the 'File download' popup is also two, three times on the desktop.

The thin client blocks the screen if a link or a button is clicked. The outlook bar in the Rich Client blocks the screen also if an icon is clicked.

Is there a possibility to block the sreen in the rich client also if the upload button or other buttons are clicked?

Thanks,
Ralph
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hmm ???

RICH Java Client: the upload blocks the screen. Any button / event that triggers a roundtrip blocks the screen. Exception: with the FILEDOWNLOAD components you can explicitly switch asynchronous download on/off.

THIN Html Client: the upload runs in parallel, asynchronously.

That's how the client is programmed and also how it behaves on our site ;-)

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
kretzler

Power User

hmm, you are right.

The screen is blocked when other buttons are clicked. The FILEDOWNLOAD components have an asynchronously flag too.

In our application we use a fileuploadbutton but therefor I cannot find an asynchronously flag and it is possible to click the button twice.

The Captain Casa Demo Workplace also have an upload file button but I am not able to click this button twice.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ralph
[WWW]
hilka

Power User

Hello Captain,

we have the same behaviour with the ImageCapture Component. When we click the link which opens a popup with an activeX component three times, the popup opens twice (I think the second click is interpreted as double click). When we double-click on the image twice (so, 4 clicks), the popup opens twice as well. The interesting part in this is, that this only happens if you move the mouse between the clicks. If you click on the same spot, everything works fine, if you move, it opens twice.

I can show you on yuuguu if you want.

Tobias
hilka

Power User

Did some more testing: The popup only opens twice, no matter how often you click. So it does not depend on the number of clicks.

Tobias
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...yes we need to follow up by yuuguu - we cannot reproduce here in any way. Of course: if you happen to have an isolatd example, it would be great...

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: