[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Not able to sort a grid with complex column headers  XML
Forum Index -> Development
gmilanov

Hi, I'm having issues with getting the sorting to work with the complex column headers. I have a custom column header consisting of a pane with two rows with some labels and images.

I know the issue is with the column header, because when I remove the GRIDCOLNode.setTextwidth(0) and click on the left part of the column header the sorting works. I've tried assigning an actionListener to the pane/row of the new column header, setting the .setWithfocusevent(true), but since no value is changing inside them no event is triggered.

Is there any way to make this work?

Kind regards,
Georgi
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Georgi,

yes, you are right - this is not perfect.
In short: we did an update here - for JEE it is available with interim update 20240516_INT2 (only on Maven, only JEE - complete installation is then coming next Monday).

Some more words: the column header is the one to receive the "click-events" on client side. Up to now only clicks were accepted when they werer originating from the header cell itself or from the label control inside. Now that you set the label size to 0, there was no event anymore.

Why did we exclude other controls (you know that in the browser click-events are bubbled up...)? If you place a FIELD into the header then you do not want to trigger a sorting because the user places the cursor into the field...

With our update we now also mark "stupid click events" (like clicking into a field) as events to not be processed for sorting. So we now can sort out the events in a clear way. Click on label is used, click on field is not used (if enabled...), click on button/... is not used.

Thanks for your message! Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: