[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Migration problem (2_1_20080729_1 -> 2_1_20081103)  XML
Forum Index -> Development
becherer

Active
[Avatar]

hi there,

After Installation of the current release
( editor.war -> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps)
and actualizing my project via editor
(-> Update Button)
i did a Reload, the webapp is available, but no AdapterBean can be accessed - heres teh stack :

2008:11:04 15:09:08:48 | 11 | SEVERE | Could not create managed bean for: MainAdapter .......... org.eclnt.util.log.CLog$DelegatingLogger>log
.......... Stacktrace Info ..........
java.lang.Exception: Dispatcher could not provide object with key: MainAdapter
at org.eclnt.jsfserver.managedbean.DefaultDispatcher.get(DefaultDispatcher.java:273)
at com.sun.faces.el.PropertyResolverImpl.getValue(PropertyResolverImpl.java:59)
at org.eclnt.jsfserver.util.LastPropertyResolverByDelegation.getValue(LastPropertyResolverByDelegation.java:56)
at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ArraySuffix.evaluate(ArraySuffix.java:167)
at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ComplexValue.evaluate(ComplexValue.java:151)
at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.evaluate(ExpressionEvaluatorImpl.java:243)
at com.sun.faces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:173)
at com.sun.faces.el.ValueBindingImpl.getValue(ValueBindingImpl.java:154)
at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase$AttributesMap.get(UIComponentBase.java:1375)
at org.eclnt.jsfserver.elements.BaseComponent.encodeBegin(BaseComponent.java:312)
at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.encodeBegin(UIComponentTag.java:591)
at javax.faces.webapp.UIComponentTag.doStartTag(UIComponentTag.java:47
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_t_005fpane_005f1(main_jsp.java:552)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_t_005frow_005f2(main_jsp.java:514)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_t_005fpane_005f0(main_jsp.java:38
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_t_005frow_005f0(main_jsp.java:356)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_t_005frowbodypane_005f0(main_jsp.java:331)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_f_005fsubview_005f0(main_jsp.java:292)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_h_005fform_005f0(main_jsp.java:265)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspx_meth_f_005fview_005f0(main_jsp.java:233)
at org.apache.jsp.main_jsp._jspService(main_jsp.java:199)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
at com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java:322)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:130)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:87)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:200)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:19
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.eclnt.jsfserver.util.ThreadingFilter.doFilter(ThreadingFilter.java:152)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.eclnt.jsfserver.util.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:33)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:12
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

i dont use a dispatcher.xml - all layout definitions are within /src/managedbeans. The Dispatcher is defined in the facesconfig.xml...

any hint for me?

thnx
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hmmm,
the MainAdapter is "yours"... The error shows up when the dispatcher tries to create an instance but fails. I assume there is some error coming up in the constructor of the MainAdapter. Could you debug into the constructor?
Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
becherer

Active
[Avatar]

hi captain,

hmmm... seems as if the constructor never gets executed - Application
doesnt stop at the breakpoints...

my constructor looks like

public MainAdapter(IDispatcher p){
super(p); // MainAdapter extends MasterAdapter
}

->

public MasterAdapter(IDispatcher dispatcher){
super(dispatcher); // MasterAdapter extends DefaultDispatchedBean
this.patcher = dispatcher;
}

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...hmmm, you are sure that your MainAdapter compiles...?
Sorry for this stupid question, but I stumbled into a similar situation once upon a time...

Björn

becherer

Active
[Avatar]

hi,

please excuse my late answer...

im sure, the class compiles (timestamps in tomcat - project match...)

-> i made another try, setting a breakpoint into the Dispatcher.java of my project - the debugger stops, but it completeley ignores the breakpoints in
the constructor of my own bean, that obviously cant be instantiated by the DefaultDispatcher.

-> i also tried to create a testproject with the current version - same effect, although i dont even use an inherited class as in my original project.

could you take another look?

thnx in advance!
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...the error was found. There is an error in DefaultDispatcher in the current release. You can override the error by using WokkpageDispatcher for a short time (until error is fixed) and then switch back to DefaultDispatcher. WorkpageDispatcher extends DefaultDispatcher so there is no problem...

The error is fixed and the fix is part of next Monday's update.

Sorry + thanks for telling us!
Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: