[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Springboot app runs with Eclipse/Port 8080 ..but not under CC/Port 50000  XML
Forum Index -> Deployment
egehrsitz

Hi all,

I have the issue that my Springboot application is functional when I launch it under Eclipse and access port 8080 in the browser.
If I start the application with the CC tools and access the default port 50000 the following error message appears and the program terminates:

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'entityManagerFactory' available

Additional info: In the list of found Springboot annotations/classes (" CONDITIONS EVALUATION REPORT ") the required class JpaRepositoriesAutoConfiguration is listed under " Negative matches ".
Best regards
Erich
[Email]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Erich,

this indicates that some class is missing in the Tomcat deployment, that is available in the Spring Boot environment. And that this class is somewhere in the area of persistence. ;-)

Would be great to see your pom.xml. Could you attach it?

Please note: certain jars are part of the Spring-Boot-environment and in this environment are accessed in WEB-INF/lib-provided folder of the .war file. As result they are not visible in the WEB-INF/lib where Tomcat/etc. search for jars. - So: please also check the WEB-INF/lib-provided folder of the .war file for libraries that you expect to be part of WEB-INF/lib. - This would reflect what you write: working in SpringBoot-8080 but not in Tomcat-webapp.

Kind regards! Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
egehrsitz

Hi Björn,

thanks for the tip ... I made the following mistake, here is an extract from my POM.XML:

... <dependency>
<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
<artifactId>hibernate-core</artifactId>
<scope>provided</scope>
</dependency> ...

The bug is extremely hard to find because the jars which in the eclipse lib directory match the jars in the CC-Tomcat lib directory.

Furthermore, the hibernate-core.jar artifact is correctly listed as a dependency in the Eclipse maven dependency ...

Thank you very match.
Regards Erich
[Email]

Forum Index -> Deployment
Go to: