[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Problem loading fonts  XML
Forum Index -> Development
abender

Power User

Hi Björn

When loading the application some users sometimes get a messagebox containing "Problem loading fonts: texts might not correctly positioned".

I suspect this may be due to slow loading of the page, probably due to slow VPN connection. But I'm not sure about this.

I wasn't able to reproduce this behaviour myself, so it's hard to analyse further. For one instance I do have the eclntjsfsever and performance logs and the approximate time of occurence.

There is only this message containing "font":
Getter took longer than 200ms: #{e.ElektraContentWindowUI.scalefont}.
Not sure if this may be related to the problem.

Regards
Axel

Axel Bender, DXC Technology
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Axel,

during the startup of the client we wait for the fonts to be loaded. Otherwise text output might not correctly sized for the first screens. The loading of fonts is asnchrononous, so there is some timer from our side which is waiting 2 seconds - and then is alerting the message that you describe if the fonts are not loaded yet...

The good news:
1. fonts of cause are continued to be loaded when the user looks at the alert-message... ;-)
2. fonts are buffered on client side so the probability of seeing this message a second time is lower

To be honest the message is confusing, and 2 seconds is also a bit "aggressive". We will increase this time (x2) and rethink about if/how to inform the user about... Changes are part of next update.

Kind regards! Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
abender

Power User

Thanks for the quick answer

Axel Bender, DXC Technology

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: