[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Sizing definitions for ROWs  XML
Forum Index -> Development
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

(from mail conversation)

I've got a question about how CaptainCasa defines width and height of component. In our application we have 2 rows. First one should be as big as possible. And second one should have a height to display exactly all it has but no more then 1/3 of height of the screen. And it's dynamic one so I cannot define its height in jsp - it's calculated and changed during runtime according user's actions. It means that height of the first row should also be dynamic.
How can I implement that?

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

To be honest, there is nor perfect solution for this scenario right now.

You can divide the whole screen of course into 70% top, 30% bottom.

Code:
 PANE
   ROW
     PANE HEIGHT=70%
   ROW
     PANE HEIGHT=30%

The percentage sizes take respect to the actual content of the PANEs.

You can also force the top part to have a minimum height, so that it does not get shrinked by the bottom part (in case the bottom part has a big content...)

Code:
 PANE
   ROW
     PANE HEIGHT=70%;300
   ROW
     PANE HEIGHT=30%

This means that the top part will always have a minimum height of 300 - even if its empty and the bottom part at same time containes a lot of content (i.e. the minimum-height is very high).

The combination "one area by default as big as it required to be - but not more than 30%" (so a percentage maximum height), is not really possible right now.

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: