[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Editing Password Fields  XML
Forum Index -> Development
heyl

Power User

Hello everyone,

the password is masked by some '*' characters, where the length of the string is not equivalent to the number of characters in the actual password. It is documented like that and ok.
But when the user clicks into the field and deletes some of the '*' characters, the resulting password is an 'undefined' string like '@*@*@*'.
Now the user can't see this and maybe saves it without noticing.

Is there a possibility to achieve a more convenient behavior, like clearing the complete password in case the user starts deleting the '*' characters or starts editing the field?

There is an attribute deleteonfocus, but it is too strong for us. If the user accidentally clicks into the field, it will be cleared right away, which we don't want.

Thanks for any ideas
Frauke

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Frauke,

should be do-able: with the first key-stroke: delete the existing content, if it is this dummy content. If we do not find a really good blocker for this, it should be in the next update.

Regards, Björn

...You see: before the community meeting, I behave friendly! ;-)

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

We added this as default behavior... If you want to get it as part of a pre-version, just tell us. Otherwise it is part of next Monday's formal version. - Björn

heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

thanks a lot

But I would say, clear the field not only if there is dummy content (@*@*@*) in it, but for any content.
The user should not be able to edit a password or part of the password. That does not really make sense.

Best regards
Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Frauke,

yes, the behavior is now verrry similar to what you want: the user can only edit the password (== no deletion when keying in) when it is not transferred to the serve yet. This is the point of time when the user can view it (eye-icon on the right) and still can correct it.

Otherwise the password always is "@*@*...." and any input will remove this dummy content...

Regards, Björn

heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

ah ok, I don't know if I really got the point, but never mind. We will test it when it's available in one of the next releases.

Thanks a lot and have a nice evening!
Frauke

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: