[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Setting combofield's image attribute to null  XML
Forum Index -> Development
levy

Power User

Hi Björn

For a combofield, we want to hide the selector arrow if the value help is empty. We did this in Swing by setting the attribute image to an own empty image "combofield_no_valuehelp.png". As soon as the list was not empty, we set the image to null so that the default image (comboselector.jpg) reappeared.

Now with RISC, if we set the image to null, no image is shown, what we do not expect. If we want to have the default image again, we must reference it explicitely at "/eclntjsfserver/images/combobox/comboselector.png".

Is this new behaviour intentional or is it a little bug?

A test code snippet is attached.

By the way, I am proud to realize that this is my message number 300 in this forum.

Kind regards, Daniel
 Filename testcombofield.jsp [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1191 time(s)

Filename combofield_image.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  549 time(s)

Filename TestCombofield.java [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1212 time(s)

[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi David,

then congratulations + thanks a lot for using the forum for discussions and problems (and not the mail system!) and thanks a lot for your always really gentle way of addressing issues!

If others are reading this: yes, using the forum is a much nicer way for communicating on issues! Things are kept in one discussion thread - and: everyone can take benefit...

Now to your issue: both ways of dealing with "null" are somehow correct, but in this case I would follow proposal, not only because it is compatible to the old client, but also because the name of the image is kept in the style of the element (and thus is not really reachable for your Java-code).

Will do the changes for next update!

Thanks + regards! Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: