[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
RISC: combining t:foldablepane with t:sizablepane or t:splitpane doesnt work  XML
Forum Index -> Development
levy

Power User

Hi Björn

Lets have two foldable panes one below the other that share the available canvas (see the layout attached). If one pane is folded, the other will expand and occupy the free place. This works for Swing and for RISC.

Now lets separate the two panes by a resizer using t:sizeablepane (see the layout attached) or t:splitpane.
In Swing, if one pane is folded, the other pane still expands and occupies the free place.
But in RISC, the other pane does not expand. It remains at the same place. The spot that was occupied by the folded pane keeps empty. The folded pane content is hidden but there is no gain in space.

Could you please fix or tell a workaround?

Regards, Daniel
 Filename nodivider.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description Layout for two foldable panes one below the other
 Filesize 4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  289 time(s)

Filename divider.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description Layout for two foldable panes one below the other separated by resizer
 Filesize 10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  297 time(s)

[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

well, first I have to say: everything works correct! ;-)

If there is a SIZEABLEPANE then this has a certain size, and the FODLABLEPANE inside opens/collapses. And there by default is no reason why teh FODLABLEPANE inside should influence the size of the SIZEABLEPANE around...

I am not sure: in Swing we maybe did some special things to support this scenario. But, to be honest: if there is some "trick" I do not want to repeat this in the RISC client. ;-)

From my perspectiv the only way to solve this is to manage the size of the SIIZEABLEPANE explicitly on server side. If FOLDABLEPANE is collapsed then the size of the corresponding SIZEABLEPANE needs to be set to e.g. "1%" or "1+" and the sizer needs to disappear. You may listen to the FOLDABLEPANE by binding its value to a property and by stting FLUSH to true.

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: