[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Strange behavior by pressing Return on a button  XML
Forum Index -> Development
kabat

Power User

Hi,

we have a page having following controls: a field, a button and a hotkey executing the action listener of the button by pressing 'Return'.
If the focus is in the field and I press Return, everything is executed like expected.
But if the focus is on the button and I press Return, the action listener of the button is executed twice. This unfortunately doesn't fit to our logic. We get a strange behaviour in our application.

Shouldn't the hotkey be overwritten by the action of the button by pressing Return on the button? So the action listener would be executed only once.

Thanks, Agnes
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

yes, there is a double execution "return" invokes the hotkey via the menu and "return" invokes the button (same for other elements). Because POPUPMENU and BUTTON are two components each one is firing the event to the server.

We will ad an "Enter-key-ignore-if-coming-from-xyz-component" to the hotkey management, then only the button event is coming to the server.

Available with next update.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
kabat

Power User

Ok, thanks. This will solve the problem, too.

Agnes
levy

Power User

Hi,

Could the mechanism "Enter-key-ignore-if-coming-from-xyz-component" be extended to gridcol?

In my (typical) search workpage, when the focus is on a search result item (gridcol) and return is entered, then the item is opened in a new workpage. This behaviour is overwritten if I set the search button's hotkey to return(10).

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...agree, this is a good remark, thanks.
Will be available with next update (Mo next week).

Björn

levy

Power User

Hi,

I have downloaded the last CC version. Unfortunately, the onRowExecute() is still overwritten by the return hot key.

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

hmmm??
Could you please attach/send the correpsonding jsp page(s)? THANKS!

Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: