[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Drop Zones definitions  XML
Forum Index -> Development
ttausch

Hi folks,

im very new to this community as you all can see ...

And my first issue is about the Drop Zone definition (verticalsplit/horizontalsplit and so on). I understand the concept with top(0,0,100%,50%) etc. .

My struggle is about WHERE to define these parameters. In the CC-Editor itself on the attribute "dropreceive" ?

example in Attribute "dropreceive":

HTMLTable:verticalsplit top(0,0,100%,33%)/ center(0,33%,100%,33%)/ bottom(0,66%,100%,33%);

Great work and great community here btw. keep up the good work and thanks in advance for any help.

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...thanks! ;-)

Yes, the drop-zone is appended with ":" to the dropreceive value.

I am not sure what your "HTMLTable:verticalsplit top(0,0,100%,33%)/ center(0,33%,100%,33%)/ bottom(0,66%,100%,33%);" means ??

Please check demo workplace "Straight Controls > Drag & Drop > Drop Zones" for examples. The drop-zones are fix (i.e. you cannot define own ones, you just select one of the existing ones).

The dropzones are just some guide to the user and are not passed into the drop processing, when the user executes the drop. With the drop you receive the drop position in the event (percentage definition of drop coordinate) and then you can react accordingly.

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
ttausch

i watched the demo workplace "drop zones" as reference and got the expression i could define my own drop-zones by adding the top/bottom/etc. parameters.

I wanted to define the verticalsplit by 3 zones, so i can drop something beneath(bottom-zone), above(top-zone) and if dragging onto the "center"-zone, it should have swapped the entries.

Anyway, thx for the hint, i will probably just make use of the "sidesandcenter" zone. =)

Regards, Thomas
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...OK.

Just to make sure where the "hot areas" are with "sidesancenter", I attached a small image. The lines are positioned at "25%" / "75%".

Regards, Björn
[Thumb - dropzones.png]
 Filename dropzones.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 669 bytes
 Downloaded:  319 time(s)

[Thumb - dropzones_all.png]
 Filename dropzones_all.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  139 time(s)

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH