[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
PDFPrinter: Can we fail the print job if client printer cannot be found by name  XML
Forum Index -> Development
hilka

Power User

Hello Captain,

can we have a switch in the PDFPrinter component that lets the print job fail in case the printer cannot be found on client side?

Background is some long discussion with a customer that wants to be sure that the printing is only done on a certain local printer. We already discussed the local printer issue in another forum topic, but we could convince the customer to agree on a solution where we pass the name of the printer to the client and fail the print job if the printer is not available on the client.

Tobias
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

...yes, we can add some switch here. Should be part of next update - but update will quite certainly be not begin of next week but somewhere Wed/Thu...

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
hilka

Power User

Great! Thanks
heyl

Power User

Hi,

is there any possibility to switch to the default printer automatically, when the given printer does not exist?
Setting setWithprintdialog(false) shows the selection dialog anyway.
Are there any combinations of settings to achieve this?

If not, no problem in the moment, ... just need to know....

Thanks for your help
Frauke
heyl

Power User

Hi,

now we have a problem with the printer selection dialog:

- We start printing from a popup and the printer selection dialog is displayed behind the popup and therefore is not visible. Is there anything we can do to bring it up to the front?

- The server notification is not coming back.

Maybe we have some special case again.
When I put a button inside the popup that triggers printing, everything works fine.
But when I start printing rightaway ("automatic printing without user interaction"), while builing up the dialog, the above problems occur.

I tired:
- Bean method invoker,
- Timer, because I suspected the page is not built up in time,
- PhaseManager with Runnable,
but nothing helped.

Do you have some more tips?

Best regards
Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...@printer popup: this should be solved with today's update (20150817).

...@server notification: we tested this - and could not find a problem... Please note: you need to switch attribute PDFPRINTER-WITHSERVERPRINTNOTIFICATION to "true" - otherwise no notification will be sent!

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: