[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
How can I trigger PDF Printer automatically?  XML
Forum Index -> Development
heyl

Power User

Hi,

I have a PDFPrinter component inside a popup dialog and I want to run it in different modes:
- before the user presses a button
- after the user presses a button
- automatically
The button should close the window, but in automatic mode it should close automatically.

Now, everything works fine, except that the popup is not seen at all when running in 'automatic' mode. It seems that the printing is done before the dialog even gets displayed. And then I am closing it immediately after the print returns.

How can I trigger the printing so that the dialog is displayed first, before the printig starts?

Thanks for any help
Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Frauke,

printing immediately starts when triggered... So the dialog seems to be closed too fast in "automatic" mode. (I strongly believe that it should be visible for a very short time...)

I would use some TIMER for closing the dialog in automatic mode. Via the TIMER-DURATION you can control how long the dialog is visible to the user before then being closed automatically.

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

thanks for your answer!
Yes, probably I should use a timer to delay the closing, as you suggest.
As you said, I believe I should see the popup flicker on the screen before it closes, but indeed this is not the case. It must be very fast..., hmm
Nevermind, I could even imagine using the timer before I trigger the printing.

Frauke

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: