[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Captain Casa (JavaFX) with Mac OSX  XML
Forum Index -> Deployment
rspiller

Power User

Hi,

I am trying to develop an application on my mac. I got everything working: Tomcat, Demos, Tools and so on - but my HelloWorld-App doesn't start.

The CaptainCasa-Splash Screen is a very short time visible and nothing happens afterwards.

I am using the newest Version (with JavaFX). I am assuming it is a problem with the ressources in the jnlp (ccwebstartfx). Although it should auto detect it somehow.

Code:
 <resources>
       <j2se version="1.6+" href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se"/>
       <jfx:javafx-runtime version="2.2+" href="http://javadl.sun.com/webapps/download/GetFile/javafx-latest/windows-i586/javafx2.jnlp"/>
       <jar href="eclnt/libfx/eclntfx.jar"/>
 </resources>

I probably need to set it to a Mac-Version? Unfortunately i cannot find the corresponding link.

greetz
Ruven
rspiller

Power User

I am afraid JavaFX2 Webstart ist still not supported by Mac OSX ?!
rspiller

Power User

I am getting nearer the solution.
As assumed the jnlp where somehow wrong. After recreating a new on the client starts .... with a error:
Code:
 java.io.IOException
 java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: h t t p : // localhost:8080 /Triton/faces/workplace.jsp

Thought my tomcat isn't correctly configured, 'though the demos and editor starts normaly.

greetz
Ruven
rspiller

Power User

Allright:

The workplace.jsp was somehow bad styled. Blanks, Indents and Linebreak broke the file. Dunno why. I assume eclipse or the editor messed it up - since i wasnt in the file itself working.

So i can start the Client in SwingMode, with JavaFX it still wont work - again thinking its cause of JavaFX and Mac OSX

Forum Index -> Deployment
Go to: