[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Suggested size of a jsp page  XML
Forum Index -> Development
hilka

Power User

Hi Captain,

do you have any recommendations about the maximum size of a jsp page? In general, we have small pages which often include other pages using rowpagebeaninclude. These pages load pretty fast in your layout editor (<10 s).
But now we created a large page containing around 170 elements which takes several minutes to load in the layout editor. During runtime, the pages loads fast, so no problems there, but it is really a pain to change the layout in the editor.

In general, is it better to compose a page from several other beans using the rowpagebeaninclude feature? (of course, modularity). But from a technical point of view? Or is it better to generate the component tree on server side (ComponentNode feature)?

Very basic question, but I just wanted to know if you have any recommendations.

Tobias
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

in principal the ROWPAGEBEANINCLUDE is doing the same as what you do with ComponentNodes - building up a component tree. There's a bit more effort because XML of the contained page must be parsed and then the tree is built - but this is done one time only, and then the parsed page is internally kept in some "pre-compiled" format.

So: yes, you can build up scenarios as you mentino with >100 page bean includes.

Why is it taking longer in the layout editor? The only reason I can imagine is that there are some errors in preview mode which are very basic ones (very central beans have problems to be built, and then there is a try to build these beans with every expression...).

Last comment: DO NOT USE ComponentNodes anymore in general! Use ROWDYNAMICCONTENT or DYNAMICCONTENT!!! Expecially with PageBeans the self-management of expressions is very complex!!!

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
hilka

Power User

Thanks for your answer. And yes, we use ROWDYNAMICCONTENT, but the content nodes are build up of (sub-)types of ComponentNode. Right?

Tobias
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

ähmm, yes, my mistake.

I was thinking about ComponentBinding which is the ugly one! Sorry for the confusion...

You are 100% right: ComponentNode is the way to go!!!! ;-)

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: