[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
TextArea in a Fixgrid: Behavior of arrow up/down keys  XML
Forum Index -> Development
saala

Power User

Hi,

normally you can use the up/down arrow keys to move the cursor in the TextArea. If the TextArea is in a grid, the focus will switch to the row above or below. This is a puzzling for the user, he must use the mouse (or the left/right arrow keys) to navigate the cursor to the desired position.

Michael
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

yes, I agree...

Before doing things too fast: I always believe that LONGTEXTFIELD is a much better option on grids for editing mulit-line texts. Have you checked this already?

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
saala

Power User

Hi,

I agree that the LONGTEXTFIELD is often a good choice in a grid. But the LONGTEXTFIELD is of course limited to one line. There are only a few rows in the grid and we want to show as much information to the user as possible. We try to adapt the rowheight to the content size (do you have a good idea to do that? at the moment we count the number of crlf, but depending on the column width and line wrap this does not work very good...).

Regards, Michael
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...no, no good advice on this from my side ;-)

But: you may use ROWDYNAMICCONTENT for renderting ROWs with TEXTPANEs inside, + have function that popup for editing is shown if user clicks on TEXTPANE (INVOKEMETHOD)...

This does not work for 100s of items (because it does not scroll) but, maybe for enough items of your scenario...?

Regards, Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...the issue is adapted/ fixed (or whatever...) now. Unfortunately this was too late for today's update, so it will be part of the next one.

(In case you are waiting for this with some pressure, please tell us - we can provide an interim update)

Regards, Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: