[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Some problems with shortcuts and focus  XML
Forum Index -> Development
kessler

Power User

Hi Björn,

we have some grids, which open a popup with onRowExecute(). We have a additional Popup with a menuitem for edit. The Shortcut of this menuitem is Return, to show the user he can edit this entry with return. When we now open the popup with return and close it again we get a tequila. When we open the popup with the right mouse key, everything works fine. Can you explain this strange behaviour?

Another problem is the focus in the page. When closing the popup, we select the lastSelectedItem. But it does not have the focus, so we cannot scroll up and down in the grid with keyboard. The same problem we have when we load the page, we select a gridrow and cannot scroll.
The focus is generally a bit mysterious. You often cannot identify which control currently has the focus, because they are not marked clearly. Many controls get the focus, but do not react on any key, for example the foldablepane get it two times. In a grid you step every field with tab-key, even if they are only labels or not editable and you do not see, that the focus has changed. So we can tab and tab and never see where we are...

Antje
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

(...please always post one item in one message... Thanks!)

with the first item (grid ... return ... tequila). If you get tequila: what's the error message on the server?

with the second: selecting a row does not mean that it receives the focus. For setting the focus you need to place the focus into an element witihn the row.

Focus not marked clearly: pls tell me which controls you mean: field, button, checkbox, radio button, icon, combo, etc. and many more clearly mark the focus - could you tell which control you mean? Thanks...!

Foldable pane: when the component is focussed (either field or icon) then pressing "space" opens/folds the component.

In a grid every control which is inside a grid is focusable - in order to allow the user left/right/top/down navigation on every cell.
If the grid only contains labels as cells then you are right: the focus is not visible (just the line that contains the focussed element is highlighed) - we will add the same "shading" as we added with combo and checkbox.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
kessler

Power User

Hi,

I think you have already fixed the Tequila-problem, i cannot reproduce it any longer

The focus- problem is much better with the shading of grid-internal labels, now you can at least identify where the focus is and click out.
But why you must tab twice at the grid columns?
I would wish more shading-effects when the controls get the focus with tab, for example for buttons, links, foldablepane, ... etc pp, because the shading really simplify the identification of focused controls. Ideal would be a optimized contrast of the shading. In our dark controls it is more difficult to see than in the light controls.

Antje
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

with the two tabs we have to check.
With general shading: we are bit carefulf here - because the controls behave as they behave by default... (e.g. button) and users are used to it. I see your point though, + put it into out mid term list of issues.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: