[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Shortcuts again...  XML
Forum Index -> Development
kessler

Power User

Hi Björn,

we have many grid, where we can delete the columns with the Shortcut "DEL". This is very inituitive, BUT we have one Grid, which contains only editable fields. Now it is no longer possible, to edit the text in the field with "del", because this immediatly removes the whole column. Is there any possibility to difference if the user is editing the field or only has selected the column? Is it possible only to select the column without editing?

Antje
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...not really... You could define a DEL hotkey on FIELD level as well (POPUPMENU on FIELD) then the DEL is caught on this level, and not send up the component hierarchy. But: this means that there is a roundtrip to the server with every DEL in the field, so I do not really recommend.

I would not choose DEL as a hotkey for this scenario + also think that this might be confusing for the user: sometimes DEL works, sometimes not...

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
kessler

Power User

Yes,

I thought so, too and I have changed the standard to ctrl-d now.

ANtje
leuchtner

Active

Hi Björn!

An other problem with shortcuts:

It seems, that the shortcut ignores the "enabled" property in the menuItem. If enabled is set to 'false', the popupmenu is readOnly, but i still can call this Item using the shortcut. At the moment I can handle this problem in the ActionListener, but I think if I disable the menuItem, the shortcut should also be disabled.

Michael
leuchtner

Active

... and a second question to shortcuts:

Is there a possibility to start a file download with a shortcut? All the other controls have an actionListener behind. But the filedownloadbutton only holds an url and filename as property, so I can't see at the moment, how I can trigger this via shortcut.

Michael
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...no, this is not possible (yet)... I put it on out list of non-severe items. This means it will not be available short term but mid term. OK?

Björn

leuchtner

Active

Ok, no problem. We just decided, to exclude file upload and file download from the shortcuts.

But what about the "enabled"-problem. Will this be fixed?
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...sorry, did not read the "enabled" aspect.
Yes, is fixed (now). Thanks!

Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: