[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Casabac and IE9  XML
Forum Index -> Community
moebus

Power User

This may seem quite out of topic, but the issue came up several times lately, so I (mis)use this forum to publish our findings.

Casabac applications fail to load using IE9 (latest beta). Some debugging revealed that IE9 brings changes to how javascript is interpreted.

It looks like the implicit merging of properties of the "window" and "document" object into the current scope of the javascript interpreter does not always work as it did before.

We had to modify the file central.js. The specialty about this file is that it's functions are "transferred" into other pages/frames, they are not only used on the page where it is included via script tag. This may be the situation where IE9 has changed how to interpret properties, but I did not read any IE9 docu so don't take this as definitive knowledge.

In the file central.js any reference to a property of window or document has to be made explicitly, e.g. change parent.doSomething() with window.parent.doSomething().

It looks like it is not possible to attach js files in this forum (probably for security reasons), so I leave it up to you to puzzle out the necessary changes.

Hope this was helpful for some of you
Manfred

Forum Index -> Community
Go to: