[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Focus management: Order of focusable components  XML
Forum Index -> Development
phuber

Power User
[Avatar]

Dear Community

I am struggeling with the focus management. I have already consulted the Developers' Guide and I also went thru the "Request focus" demo.

Question: How can I have influence to the order of the next focusable components by using the TAB key for "jumping around" on my workpage?

Lets see attached picture to see an example of a desired order.

With best regards from Switzerland
PATRICK
[Thumb - focus.png]
 Filename focus.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  514 time(s)

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

(nice to hear from you!)

The tab-strategy is:
1. sequence of components in layout
2. exclusion of components via FOCUSABLE=false

(And: you can set the tab from server side to a certain component, but this is not what you want here...)

I believe (1.) is not the thing you are looking for... - or? If so: we can introduce some tab-to attribute, in which you explicitly define with a component where to tab-to when leaving the component.

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
phuber

Power User
[Avatar]

Servus Björn

Nice to hear from you again too (haha). Hope things are going well for you?

(1.) Yes , by default <TAB> (or tabonenter=true) follows the sequence
(2.) Yes, today I am able to exclude unwanted components

And yes, that is not what I am (we) are looking for. The goal to reach is the following: A practiced user will also work with the keyboard and he will be able to work nearly "blind" with his application. To improve his productivity it makes sense to have influence to the order of focussed components.

Referring to: http://www.captaincasademo.com/forum/post/list/1017.page you are talking about "hard coded" values by using the "Request Focus Manager". Could that be a way to get the order controlled? If yes, how this will work?

In my opinion an introduction of an "tab-to attribute" would make sense anyway.

Regards; PATRICK
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

no request-focus-manager is not a solution: it is only possible with a roundtrip - and e.g. a FIELD does not send any roundtrip info when the user leaves it ("tab out"). Also setting FLUSH to "true" only triggers a round trip when the user has changed data.

So, yes, we will short term introduce a tab-to-id in the components. I think we will not make it for next update (next Monday), but the following one (1 1/2 weeks) should have the feauter - if we do not find any (currently unexpected) problems.

...hope this is fine with you?

Thannks + regards! Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
phuber

Power User
[Avatar]

Hey!!!

>>> The swiss guys will be more than HAPPY!!! <<<

Thank you very much in advance!!!
dguenther

Active

Hi,

sorry i have to dig this thread out, but i have a very similar problem:

Is there a way to set a control focusable, but avoid being considered by tab?

Here's the scenario:

As you can see in the attached picture, the focus of the cell (Click1) will not disappear when selecting the row (Click2), cause the "row-select-button" is not focusable. The only reason this button is not focusable, is to allow the user easy access to the cells, by tabbing through the whole sheet. Setting the focussequence for every cell is not really a nice option - is there a way i can set the focussequence for the button to a value that won't be considered in the tab sequence?

Greetings
Denis
[Thumb - spreadsheet.png]
 Filename spreadsheet.png [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  476 time(s)

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: