[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Development under windows CE on mobile client's  XML
Forum Index -> Product
koellmann

[Avatar]

Dear Captain Casa,

one question about the product itself.

What´s about the mobile client's with windows CE when they're not connected to a network and the clients needs to work off-line.

There is an important question because of the fact that the java environment is not the same as in normal windows.

Is the CaptainCasa able to support such developments ?
and if possible in which kind of stage (full, partial, non)

Thanks in advance.
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

first the response with looking on the status quo of CaptainCasa Enterprise Client: Windows CE is currently not supported as client. Enteprise Client bases on the Java Swing library, which is not really supported for Java ME based devices (i.e. Java environment running on Windows CE etc.).

Now the strategic answer: I like the idea of thinking about extending the framework for Java ME based devices. Enterprise Client is a framework for operational users and power users - and these are using Windows CE based devices (and others supporting Java ME) in "heavy logistics areas".

Would be great if someone of the community already had some experience with Java ME. Is there anyone???

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Product
Go to: