[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Strange 'Memory' of ComboBox  XML
Forum Index -> Development
heyl

Power User

Hi,

I detected a little problem in the ComboBox.
When I change the ValidValuesBinding dynamically, the currently selected value remains in the selection list of the ComboBox. Even setting the value to null or "" does not help.

The problem may be reproduced in the demo workplace in the example ComboBox --> 'Usage in Grid'.

Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

this is be intention - the currently selected value MUST be stored in the valid values list - otherwise it cannot be rendered anymore (the combobox does not show any text, if there is no matching item)...

So, this is not strange ;-) (from our point of view...).

Reagrds, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

this is be intention - the currently selected value MUST be stored in the valid values list - otherwise it cannot be rendered anymore (the combobox does not show any text, if there is no matching item)...

So, this is not strange ;-) (from our point of view...).

Reagrds, Björn

heyl

Power User

For an editable ComboBox ok, but even for a non editable?
If I change the values list, I do not want to have a value inside of it that does not belong there.

On the other hand: if I set the value explicitly to an empty string, why should the former value be saved inside the valid values list?

Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

the problem is - what should we do: there is a value in the combo box that is not in the list. If not doing anything "special" the user sees nothing ("") which is not correct, because there is a value.

You need to make sure that combo box value and value list are somehow in sync...

Regards, Björn

heyl

Power User

Hi Björn,

if I delete the value (and the empty string is a member of the new valid values list) what's wrong with that?

Then I switch to the other valid values list.
Why does the previous value appear in the new valid values list?
I don't get the point with that.

Frauke
heyl

Power User

Ok, just to inform you: I found out what the problem really was about.
I had a checkbox to decide which of the two valid values lists to show in the combobox. I had a flush="true" on the checkbox, which lead to the problems stated in the previous posts.
Setting the flush property of the combobox additionally made it work as I expected!

Have a nice day
Frauke

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: