[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Hot deployment some times doesn't work  XML
Forum Index -> Development
cvieira

Power User

Hi,

I'm starting to use CaptainCasa, which is a great framework , but i'm getting some problems when it comes to test changes that are made to managed beans... java code is built and then i hit hot deployment to test the changes, and it does not work all the times... this obligates me to use the reload server option, and loose some time on this operations.

I'm using the windows version that is available for download, but i felt the same problems using Linux.

Is someone getting this same behavior also? What could be the cause, and how it can be resolved?

Many thanks!

--
Carlos Vieira
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi Carlos,

we are just behind this issue currently. We sometimes can experience this bejaviour... but did not find a relyable way to reproduce yet. We 100% agree, that this is quite annoying, because you never are sure if you are really running the most up to date code.

Are you doing anything within the eclipse-build other than plain compilation?

Regards! Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
cvieira

Power User

Hi Bjorn, thanks for reply...

Well, in fact, i'm not using eclipse. I'm using netbeans instead. I'm not doing anything but plain compilation, and i've checked that the .class files are in the correct directory, on which CaptainCasa editor is getting the files for it's use... sometimes works, sometimes not...

--
Carlos Vieira
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

could you please check the following:

Hot Deployment does NOT work the first time after re-loading the complete webapp. Afterwards it works.
So, after a re-load, you need to execute hot-deployment twice the first time you use it.

Reason: hot deployment recognizes the fact that a hot deployment needs to be done by comparing a file timestamp... For an internal reason (well, it's a bug...), the corresponding file does not update the first time, hot deployment is executed.

Anyway, we now changed the hot deployment from file-timestamp-comparison to a direct trigger - comparing timestamps never is the most healthy way...

Would be great if you could feed back, if second / third / fourth hot deploy after reload are "relyable".

Thanks! Björn

cvieira

Power User

Hi Bjorn,

In fact i can't reproduce that behavior the most times hot deployment does not work at all...

Any ideas?

--
Carlos Vieira
cvieira

Power User

Well, i recreated the project and now it's working according to your strategy Bjorn... maybe i messed up some configuration files on the initial project, on my first experiences
Thanks for the help!

--
Carlos Vieira
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...the effect, that the first "hot deploy" after the "reload" did not work, was fixed with today's update 20100719...

Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: